Original style parts ?

I have a friend who would like to know if an original style roll bar & side vents are available for a Dax ?
    Also does anyone out there do a internal boot hinge kit ?
    Lastly do Moto Lita do a six bolt steering wheel boss for a Dax
    Thanks Tony
    The Yellow Crendon 427SC, 448 FE Ford & Tremec TKO600. 2008 till RIP.

Original style side vents are definitely available - IIRC Dave Brookes does them that will fit a Dax.
    Original style roll bar can be done, Alex in Ascot has done that - requires welding, though, and welding a mount on to the rear chassis legs. I'd like to do that but ..
    Nobody does an internal boot hinge kit that I could find - I'm in the middle of making my own up now based on the Europa hinges. Looks like if I make the body half up with a 5º offset (so the body side plate sits at 5º off horizontal, with the hinge bolt horizontal) it should work - but don't quote me on that yet! I know Kevin has also done internal hinges on his but again, DIY. Andy Hatton did make one set but was never happy with them and, when I talked to him, wasn't in a position to put more time into it and make a set he was happy with.
    Not sure on the boss but I think so..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Finishline in the USA do all the original stuff, that's where I got my bits.

The side vents do fit but you need to get rid of the return flanges in the GRP opening on the body and then reshape the opening carefully as the angles on the ends just don't quite match the OE alloy side vents.

Internal boot hinges I made mine the same as Aaron is doing.

if I see you at the meet next week you can have a look at the vents
    Cheers
    David

If Dave Brookes was too busy with Daytonas, and has no time to do side vents, i can make a pair (alloy or brushed stainless steel, or mirrored), but it could takes few weeks, as it's a summer holiday.
    Cheers
    Andrzej

Quote Originally Posted by aaannnd View Post
    If Dave Brookes was too busy with Daytonas, and has no time to do side vents, i can make a pair (alloy or brushed stainless steel, or mirrored), but it could takes few weeks, as it's a summer holiday.
    Cheers
    Andrzej
    Andrzej is correct. I'm too busy these days.
    Pro Cobra Builder
    DB427SC

DB REPLICAS
    Find us on Facebook
    db427.com
    Low Volume manufacturer of
    ALUMINIUM BODY, ROUND TUBE CHASSIS.
    ORIGINAL SPEC. SUSPENSION COBRAS.
    OEM style stainless SIDEPIPES