Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    the problem with boats and planes is they don't contribute that much pollution at road level compared to cars etc. if they did then every street and road would have equal levels from these planes/boats. All cars (including cobra replica's) will become worthless rather than go up in value as successive governments start to tax them more and more heavily in a bid to get them off the road. All IMHO
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

Yes Tone but air moves around the planet that's why the Sahara ends up on my car.
    I get the street level pollution hence the new London ultra ultra ultra low emissions zone that's coming in to raise more tax. Good God they'll be banning farting next or taxing it at street level.

And even more madness the plan is to totally remove all petrol and diesel vehicles by 2050. Except for some exempt ones. Just beggars belief

Quote Originally Posted by AKBaz View Post
    And even more madness the plan is to totally remove all petrol and diesel vehicles by 2050. Except for some exempt ones. Just beggars belief
    That would be the utterly insane Climate Change Act then....
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

There will be at least 4 or 5 new governments by 2040 so hopefully UKIP will get in on a manifesto of insisting every vehicle has to have at least a 3500cc V8. Ms Lucas and her mad greens will be a distant memory.

Climate change will be proved to be the natural burping phase of the planet as has happened over billions of years. Donald Trump's America and Ford will have just released their latest 20 litre V12 pickup truck. He ho

I'll be just over 80 but that new Lexus 450 hybrid registered this year will be at its prime and just perfect as a Donor.........

Cheers,

Tony
    Supply by blagging, engineering by bodge......

Quote Originally Posted by AKBaz View Post
    Donald Trump's America and Ford will have just released their latest 20 litre V12 pickup truck. He ho
    Put me down for 2

Just out of curiosity, once we've stopped making nasty petrol and diesel, what will we use to power ships and planes as well as making roads?
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    I'll be just over 80 but that new Lexus 450 hybrid registered this year will be at its prime and just perfect as a Donor.........

Cheers,

Tony
    It'll still smell faintly of rice.......................
    BIG TONE

I watched a programme quite recently where it prophesied that in the future electric cars will be charged by induction panels built into certain parts of each city and during the night (or day for the pedantic night shift worker) each car would drive itself to one of these charging points then when full, drive itself back to your house ready for you in the morning. I thought it a clever solution
    BIG TONE

Hybrids are a stepping stone only. They are hugely complicated use, petrol most of the time and cost a fortune to make. As soon as full electric range gets to around 400 miles they will be history..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast