Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Help needed please

Kind cobra fans.

I received a message from a member of the cobra club who lives on the south coast in Kent.

He appears to have been left significantly out of pocket and without several parts following the demise of 427 Motor Co Ltd.

He has built his DAX rolling chassis, fitted the engine and body which is painted. The car had been sent back to DAX for wiring upholstery and fitting of his side-pipes which he brought separately and handed over with the car back in May/June.

He collected his car recently after getting no progress only to find his seat frames and side pipes are missing and no work has been completed and no sign of the money that he had paid to get the work completed.

I cannot comment on the way he has been treated, as I have not heard the company's version of events, however the net result is a club member, who is 77, and spent a lot of time building his pride and joy is now stuck and is unable to complete his car such that him and his wife can enjoy the delights of driving his dream.

The gentleman is not a charity case and is prepared to pay for the work.

If you can help or advise where to ask for help please let me know.

PLEASE NOTE that this relates only to the previous 427 Motor Co, new company that has just taken over by John Kox.

Regards

Lee Whitworth
    Chairman UKCC
    Lee
    Chairman UKCC

DAX De Dion, 400 BHP 6.0 LS2, French Racing Blue
    GD427 mk3, 325BHP 5.0 RV8, Blue - SOLD

What kind of help does he need? I'm in Kent.

Wiring upholstery and prep for iva

Lee - sent you a pm
    Cobra not quite as shiny as my head

PM from me too.

Thank you both

I have passed on your details to John

Lee

Please pass on my details. I am absolutely manic at the moment but would be more than happy to help

I can finish the car to whatever stage he requires and can even Iva prep and submit for test on his behalf.

All work will be carried out promptly, professionally and at a favourable price given the circumstances. I can even help with parts supply.

Everyone needs a break now and then so my services are offered honestly and whole heartedly.

Done, thank you Anthony

Hi Lee,

I have been in the same situation last year. I found new friends in england that helped me to get my car back and roadworthy.
    I had to learn more than I ever thought.
    If the gentleman wants to talk with me - write me a pm with his phone number.

Regards
    Joerg

so, did i read this right.... staff at Dax stole this guys parts from his car just before the company went belly up?
    I seem to remember similar stories posted on here when Pilgrim went bust under Tony Holmes.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast