Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Resignation

My Resignation

It is with great sadness that I tended my resignation as committee member of this great club earlier today.
    I'm sure most people who use this forum will recognise my forum name probably not so much for the help I've given in the past but for the sarcasm and general pi*s taking that I do on a regular basis. What a lot don't realise though is that I not only edit and publish the club magazine, Snaketorque, but I also look after the website and club owned forum so new people will be required to take over my duties, I'm sure that the chairman, Lee, will be posting soon asking for someone to fill those vacancies.
    I've been editing the magazine for four years now (hasn't the time flown by) and I'm proud of the way the magazine has gone and the improvements I've made in getting the costs down substantially over that four year period. Unfortunately I have very little time to spend on the magazine and web stuff now days so it's time for someone else to take over. Getting rid of my last cobra was such an easy decision but I found it very difficult to decide to leave the committee, it seems like such a final thing to do.
    I've been in the club for quite a long time and held many posts within the committee and am proud to say that the vast majority of people whom I've met through the club have been absolutely wonderful people, in fact I'd say that 90% of the people who I consider to be good friends I've met through the club and I hope to keep their friendship for many years to come. Although I go to very few cobra related meets these days I will still go to some and I'll be popping onto this site to see what's going on every now and again.

So, if you'd like to look after the club website and forum, or take on the responsibility of editing and publishing the club magazine then please contact the chairman either by pm here (his user name is LDW) or by email chairman@ukcobraclub.co.uk . I've told Lee that I will stay on the committee until the end of the year unless someone comes forward to take over before then.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the committee for supporting me in my endeavours in the past and for doing such a sterling job, all as volunteers, in keeping the club running. I'd also like to say a big thank you to all my friends out there who have accepted me for who I am, Don't worry, I'm not going far

All the best

Tony
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

A big thanks for all the work you have done.

Andy

Tony,

Many thanks for all the effort you have put into the club over the years as Chairman, Magazine and forum editor etc etc. I do hope you will be coming along to see us at the meets and the club events as the banter won't be the same without you.

Cheers,
    Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

I will seriously miss your pi-s taking and indeed your friendship and help over the past few years. You will be sorely missed by all and especially the East and West Midlands Cobra Gangs. As you are aware I have ''proof read'' Snake Torque for a couple of years for you and I am more than willing to carry out the same task for the next Editor.
    Make sure you get to some of our meets in the future as you will be more than welcome.
    Cheers
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Tony who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AK, on the road Oct 2012

Thanks for all your hard work Tony, good luck!
    Stan

Never met you Tony but have enjoyed your craic and the magazine is a great read so well done and thank you for all of your hard work. Best of luck with whatever you do in the future.
    Best anti speeding device - a rear view mirror with a police car in it.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.
    AK Chassis and body collected 12.12.14

Thank you all for the kind words.

https://youtu.be/iS-0Az7dgRY?t=96

Thanks for all the hard work, Tony.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Thanks for your hard work Tony and also support with my build. Best for your future endeavours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast