Goodwood Revival Cobras

Back from the Revival now and mostly recovered from the walking, intestinal distress of eating all that fatty delicious food and the trench foot from the torrential rain..

Cobras put in a good showing in the racing, although the Hart/Hart Cobra was robbed by Shedden punting them off the road with the E-Type he was driving in the RAC TT (clearly driving like it was a BTCC race!)

Anyway, the Cobra that caught my eye the most was this one on the Gardner Douglas stand:

Knock on wheels, sidepipes, lovely dash layout.. almost perfect (aside from, for me, the LS engine)
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

I would say they've nailed Guardsman blue pretty well too.

Do you think the LS is because its being offered as a fully built new car? Otherwise its certainly an odd choice for a car working hard to copy the original
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Good question - I didn't actually get chance to stop and chat to anyone on the stand (I did see Andy there briefly, and someone else I didn't recognise), I assumed (possibly erroneously) that it was a customer built car that they were simply helping to sell..

But you're right - that said, with the way the engine bay looks on a GD (you can't see the foot boxes, for example) it's always going to stop looking original when you open the bonnet. Other than that, though, it was trying very hard and succeeding pretty well; 16" knock-ons rather than 15" to clear the brakes but apart from that.

I liked it a lot.. I lamented not having gone GD for a bit, until I remembered I'd probably not be able to fit an FE in there anyway
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

FE in a GD has been done a couple of times already, there's a very very pink one around somewhere!!!!!
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

The colour is superb.
    Few other things not to my taste.... you know me
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I chatted with the guys on the stand about it.
    They're selling it on behalf of a bereaved family.
    It has a brand new LS3 motor in it after the original LS7 blew up after a serious ragging. (selecting reverse whilst still going forward).
    It was up for £75k
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

£75k GD's... Pilgrim had a couple of 350 equipped mk3's on at carfest for £53k - proper money!

I did see the LS3 equipped AK at carfest - running throttle bodies and fabricated/sprayed cam covers looked much nicer than stock LS plasticy bits. I'm guessing that throttle bodies wont add much power though?

Alex