Page 132 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1440
    Looking really good - the reflectors on the rear look very pro.

Couple of observations -
    Might need to check radiuses on the coffin lights - ignore if its been mentioned previously in the build thread?
    Do the mirrors fold back?
    The engine plate might fail at Gillingham who will want it exactly 'by the book', which you can't really argue with.
    Other centres are a bit more relaxed on that point, but this might be useful:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-to-get-a-pass
    Last edited by KevinW; 01-03-21 at 07:41 PM.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Looking really good - the reflectors on the rear look very pro.

Couple of observations -
    Might need to check radiuses on the coffin lights - ignore if its been mentioned previously in the build thread?
    Do the mirrors fold back?
    The engine plate might fail at Gillingham who will want it exactly 'by the book', which you can't really argue with.
    Other centres are a bit more relaxed on that point, but this might be useful:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-to-get-a-pass
    Thanks for the observations.

Coffin light radius - that’s on my to do/check list.

No the mirrors are fixed. I cannot see anything in the manual that states they need to fold?

ID plate might fail - why?
    Classic Replica Viper currently in build

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    Thanks for the observations.

Coffin light radius - that’s on my to do/check list.

No the mirrors are fixed. I cannot see anything in the manual that states they need to fold?

ID plate might fail - why?
    Re: mirrors
    I had always assumed they had to, and thats why 'torpedo' mirrors were unlikely to fail. Others seem to think so to:
    https://www.speedsterclinic.com/blog...7da0481cef5d80
    https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1143622

Re: VIN plate
    Have a look at 7.1 How statutory plates and VIN are inspected on the above weblink.
    Not saying its a def fail, open to interpretation imho - but I failed first time because I had 'Bucks, UK' written underneath Crendon replicas Ltd on my VIN plate.
    I was told that any other information other than make, model and VIN Number had to be in a separate black box as per above link. Depends how you interpret 'black box' I suppose. And as above, depends where you get tested.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Re: mirrors
    I had always assumed they had to, and thats why 'torpedo' mirrors were unlikely to fail. Others seem to think so to:
    https://www.speedsterclinic.com/blog...7da0481cef5d80
    https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1143622

Re: VIN plate
    Have a look at 7.1 How statutory plates and VIN are inspected on the above weblink.
    Not saying its a def fail, open to interpretation imho - but I failed first time because I had 'Bucks, UK' written underneath Crendon replicas Ltd on my VIN plate.
    I was told that any other information other than make, model and VIN Number had to be in a separate black box as per above link. Depends how you interpret 'black box' I suppose. And as above, depends where you get tested.

Thanks

So its only an assumption that mirrors have to fold. I cannot see anything in the manual that states they have to fold. Also the mirrors are inside the outer lines of the bodywork (arches), or put another way do not extend past the lines of the bodywork. So in the event of catching a pedestrian walking along a path for example the front or rear wing would catch the pedestrian not the mirror.

The VIN plate I have used has gone through a few tests alright on other cars so I think it is fine. If not it will be an easy fix.

To be honest I am expecting a fail anyway, and hopefully a short list of jobs to do to get it through on a retest.

By the way, I am getting tested at Leighton Buzzard.
    Last edited by KugaWestie; 02-03-21 at 05:56 AM.

Unrelated but that's probably where I'll book mine too, so I checked out Google Streetview to see what it looks like - you can "drive" right around the test centre, and as Google was there during the pandemic, see all of the markings on the ground used for assessing the obstruction of views, noise etc.. along with a healthy dose of "Stay 2m apart" signs, of course Bet it isn't often as quiet as it looked .. there wasn't anyone there beside three blokes outside having a chat, 2m apart (for the cameras, no doubt)!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    Thanks

So its only an assumption that mirrors have to fold. I cannot see anything in the manual that states they have to fold. Also the mirrors are inside the outer lines of the bodywork (arches), or put another way do not extend past the lines of the bodywork. So in the event of catching a pedestrian walking along a path for example the front or rear wing would catch the pedestrian not the mirror.

The VIN plate I have used has gone through a few tests alright on other cars so I think it is fine. If not it will be an easy fix.

To be honest I am expecting a fail anyway, and hopefully a short list of jobs to do to get it through on a retest.

By the way, I am getting tested at Leighton Buzzard.
    So if going to LB test centre, my guess is the VIN plate should be fine - sorry to worry you!
    Crendon Chassis No.49

The rear reflectors need to be perpendicular to the road.
    Can't tell if they are or not from your picture?
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    The rear reflectors need to be perpendicular to the road.
    Can't tell if they are or not from your picture?
    Yep they are

Witches hats for the harness top mounts are done. Not perfect but they will do a job

Three and a half years work