Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
    Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    Thanks, that’s useful information. I haven’t done much grp work before so this is going to be a journey!
    So far it looks to be air bubbles in the gel coat along the joint lines
    No probs, just get them out now, or once its painted the air inside will expand and you will get ringing and marks in the final finish.

Just ask away, its a job to remember 40 years worth of doing this sort of thing, so easier to ask.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblock View Post
    No probs, just get them out now, or once its painted the air inside will expand and you will get ringing and marks in the final finish.

Just ask away, its a job to remember 40 years worth of doing this sort of thing, so easier to ask.

David
    Thanks. I intend to do a very thorough job on the body before getting it sprayed for sure. From what I have seen so far it’s going to need a lot of work so I am sure it will teach me some new skills!

I need to make up some flat grp sheet. I was planning on using some MDF to lay it up on, and coat the mdf with some car wax first. Sound ok?

Car door glass - just did this today

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    I need to make up some flat grp sheet. I was planning on using some MDF to lay it up on, and coat the mdf with some car wax first. Sound ok?
    Try to avoid car wax, I have always used good old fashioned hard floor wax, couple coats polished off. If not look for some release wax, it's not expensive

I made up a mould and then laid up a panel to close the boot floor off to the rear section of bodywork. I have also made some end pieces. Everything needs trimming and then glassing together

The eagle eyed amongst you might have noticed in this post http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showt...976#post586976 that the bonnet was not sitting flush with the body. This is because it was fouling on the air filter.

I sorted that today

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465