Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Door is looking miles better now, great job!

I have a niggle in my mind that the door catches need to be double locking things, and yours doesn’t look like one - I may have just dreamed this point up to be fair so hopefully someone who’s read the IVA manual recently can comment (hopefully I’m wrong).

Rgds

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Jim, you're right but how can you tell? There is usually a 2nd groove in the striker block, damned if I can see through steel!

Hey Gary, little tip, when done, take the covers off, masking tape the screws to the cover, bag 'em, box and put them in a safe! Getting hold off them screws was a bugger! Lost 2 for a year, moved something and there they was on the crap on the floor, I asked and no one did them separate until I found them.

Your doing awesome by the way, we are all watching probably the best build blog so far!! Thanks for sharing your build with us.

Lee
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

That door looks great fit from your original photo.
    Dax say fit a metal sheet on the under side of the fibreglass for the door post to strengthen the area and stop crazing. I have seen a few not done and crazy the gel coat . I can pull the photo out of the workshop manual if your interested? Or you might have your own solution sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
    Door is looking miles better now, great job!

I have a niggle in my mind that the door catches need to be double locking things, and yours doesn’t look like one - I may have just dreamed this point up to be fair so hopefully someone who’s read the IVA manual recently can comment (hopefully I’m wrong).

Rgds

Jim

Thanks Jim.

You are correct and the grey matter is working well. Double latching is an IVA requirement.

Mine are compliant, see below photo.

Classic Replica Viper currently in build

Quote Originally Posted by 427jlc View Post
    Jim, you're right but how can you tell? There is usually a 2nd groove in the striker block, damned if I can see through steel!

Hey Gary, little tip, when done, take the covers off, masking tape the screws to the cover, bag 'em, box and put them in a safe! Getting hold off them screws was a bugger! Lost 2 for a year, moved something and there they was on the crap on the floor, I asked and no one did them separate until I found them.

Your doing awesome by the way, we are all watching probably the best build blog so far!! Thanks for sharing your build with us.

Lee
    Thanks Lee - great tip as well cheers.

My plan was to cover them in masking tape once done but I may well follow your advice

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    That door looks great fit from your original photo.
    Dax say fit a metal sheet on the under side of the fibreglass for the door post to strengthen the area and stop crazing. I have seen a few not done and crazy the gel coat . I can pull the photo out of the workshop manual if your interested? Or you might have your own solution sorted.
    Thanks Jon, the fit is night and day and I am really pleased with what I have achieved on it.

Yes please drop the photo in here for me to have a look at, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    Thanks Jim.

You are correct and the grey matter is working well. Double latching is an IVA requirement.

Mine are compliant, see below photo.
    Aha, Phew! I was a bit worried for a moment. (Doing things twice is my norm sadly!)

Regards

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

don't worry Jim, you are NOT ALONE............
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    Thanks Jon, the fit is night and day and I am really pleased with what I have achieved on it.

Yes please drop the photo in here for me to have a look at, that would be great.
    Attached the Dax manual instructions for the strengthening plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

I am happy with the fit of the passenger door now

Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast