Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Classic Replica Build

As a few of you may have seen, I recently picked up a pretty much unstarted Classic Replica's kit complete with donor parts from a Jaguar XJS V12.

Here it is loaded up on the trailer last weekend

Attached Images Attached Images

Yesterday I managed to spend a couple of hours sorting through the pile of parts from the donor vehicle

Brake Calipers

Front suspension/running gear

Drive Shafts

Alloy Fuel Tank

Rear Bottom Wishbones/Arms

I also have the following items - do these get used or are they replaced with substitute parts?

Steering Rack

Steering column, switch stalks etc

Master Cylinder

Brake Servo

I have the original build manual, not that it is worth much!

It looks like the rear radius/trailing arms and front ARB are used in the build - is this correct?
    They are missing from my pile of donor parts, so if someone can confirm that would be appreciated as I will need to source these items.

Good luck and welcome to the growing number, albeit very slowly, of Viper owners! Remember Bob Busbridge of Cobretti is still in businesses. www.cobrettiviperv8.com
    Dek

Quote Originally Posted by Dek View Post
    Good luck and welcome to the growing number, albeit very slowly, of Viper owners! Remember Bob Busbridge of Cobretti is still in businesses. www.cobrettiviperv8.com
    Dek
    Thanks

Yes I have spoken to Bob once already. I think phone rather than email seems to be the only way with him though!

When we built my mates car we didn't fit the trailing arms we just fitted bracing bars triangulating both the wishbones and then fitted one spring and shocker per-side. At this stage it is worth considering if you want dished rear wheels as if you do you will need to have the rear suspension shortened which some of the kit manufacturers could do for you I know AK & Dax used to do it. This will effect the offset of the rear wheels that you will need. We also fitted a smaller servo than the Jag one as it was way to big in our opinion the replacement was half the size and worked perfectly well. Good luck with your build.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Quote Originally Posted by TINKA View Post
    When we built my mates car we didn't fit the trailing arms we just fitted bracing bars triangulating both the wishbones and then fitted one spring and shocker per-side. At this stage it is worth considering if you want dished rear wheels as if you do you will need to have the rear suspension shortened which some of the kit manufacturers could do for you I know AK & Dax used to do it. This will effect the offset of the rear wheels that you will need. We also fitted a smaller servo than the Jag one as it was way to big in our opinion the replacement was half the size and worked perfectly well. Good luck with your build.
    Thanks Tinka

I did wonder about the trailing arms. I think the Diff is solid mounted?
    I will probably keep the rear suspension standard
    Can you recall what servo your mate used?

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    Thanks Tinka

I did wonder about the trailing arms. I think the Diff is solid mounted?
    I will probably keep the rear suspension standard
    Can you recall what servo your mate used?
    From memory it was from a Mazda 323 although I can't remember what age it was.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast