In this my first of a series of posts...

I thought I'd say hello.
    Not bought a snake yet, but currently on the look out for something suitable!
    Doubtless lots more questions to follow...

Welcome to the place. One or two fellow cobras fans in your area.

What are you calling suitable? Anything specific you are looking for? Right time of year to get one to get a decent price but you may have to shake the tree a little as most put their cars up for sale when the sun is out.
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Hi there

Might be an idea to put your first name in your signature at the bottom of the page. Just a thought.
    I spent a lot of time sitting in different Cobras to see how they felt, position of peddles, seat back supportive or not, seat wide enough etc. But that was many years ago, and I'm still building my Dax.

Lots of advice here. Do let us all know what you consider your priorities are and what suitable means to you.

Regards
    Regards
    Richard

Dax - Standard Chassis, a boot full of parts, Chevy 383 Stroker and Tremec TKO 600. Time for paint!

Well "suitable" for me means...
    Must work, ie. usuable and reliable.
    Be fast, go round corners and stop properly.
    Look the part. For me that means 427, with side pipes. I'm less hung up on what's under the bonnet, so long as it delievers the aforementioned go and reliability. Doesn't have to be a Ford V8.
    All that said, "suitable" is a bit like an elephant - hard to describe, but I'll know it when I see it!
    All the best,

John.

Quote Originally Posted by 2blackhats View Post
    Well "suitable" for me means...
    Must work, ie. usuable and reliable.
    Be fast, go round corners and stop properly.
    Look the part. For me that means 427, with side pipes. I'm less hung up on what's under the bonnet, so long as it delievers the aforementioned go and reliability. Doesn't have to be a Ford V8.
    All that said, "suitable" is a bit like an elephant - hard to describe, but I'll know it when I see it!
    All the best,

John.
    All cars like this almost inevitably need a little tinkering with now and again. Part of the hobby if you approach it that way. If you are used to using the spanners its part of the fun, if not then probably wise to build in a budget for maintenance and find a friendly little garage to do it for you.

Blisteringly fast in a straight line with acceptable cornering is a cobras forte, the choice of engine just delivers increasing levels of silliness. That's assuming the road is dry. If its wet and you want to go fast take the train, or you'll probably have to sweep the cobra up after you pull it from the hedge
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Hi John. and welcome.
    My latest car is probably right up your street.
    It looks as original as you can make a Dax look externally (apart from having two roll bars!)
    !5" knock-on wheels, fat Avon tyres, flat dash, coffin rear lights, internal boot hinges.
    BUT! under the bonnet lurks a lovely smooth Chevy LS2 breathing through OEM style side pipes.
    The sort of thing you're after maybe?

Last edited by kdavies3; 17-11-17 at 09:26 AM.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    Hi John. and welcome.
    My latest car is probably right up your street.
    It looks as original as you can make a Dax look externally (apart from having two roll bars!)
    !5" knock-on wheels, fat Avon tyres, flat dash, coffin rear lights, internal boot hinges.
    BUT! under the bonnet lurks a lovely smooth Chevy LS2 breathing through OEM style side pipes.
    The sort of thing you're after maybe?

Not thinking of selling already Kev ?

Always for sale at the right money Martin. LOL!
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring