Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ants Dax DeDeon

God, I wish!

It is close.. I mean it just needs headers and .... an engine. Must chase the guy building the engine again!

Although finishing it may be financially tricky as my OH just lost her job (er, sorry, "is under consultation for redundancy") and is struggling to find anything in her sector.. and my employer is making noises about "hoping restructuring won't be necessary in 2021" as well now!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Sorry your wife is going through redundancy and restructuring is just putting it another way usually means redundancies . Been through that three times in my career and its never easy when you get the brown envelope. Although they forgot to give me mine in my last job and it turned up two weeks later ! Was told they just forgot to give it to me!

You find out your true friends when this happens and you move on to usually something better. I did each time.

Best chase him for that engine before we all go electric lol.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    God, I wish!

It is close.. I mean it just needs headers and .... an engine. Must chase the guy building the engine again!

Although finishing it may be financially tricky as my OH just lost her job (er, sorry, "is under consultation for redundancy") and is struggling to find anything in her sector.. and my employer is making noises about "hoping restructuring won't be necessary in 2021" as well now!
    Good luck with it all Aaron.
    Wholesale restructuring to come in my sector in next 6 months I suspect.
    Sadly, we are all in for a very hard time this winter (unless you work in in food retail).
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    Sorry your wife is going through redundancy and restructuring is just putting it another way usually means redundancies . Been through that three times in my career and its never easy when you get the brown envelope. Although they forgot to give me mine in my last job and it turned up two weeks later ! Was told they just forgot to give it to me!

You find out your true friends when this happens and you move on to usually something better. I did each time.

Best chase him for that engine before we all go electric lol.
    Cheers Jon - and I think you mean best chase him for the engine before I haven't got the money to pay for it anymore
    I wouldn't be so concerned about redundancy if it weren't for the fact that everywhere is shedding jobs - it's likely we'll have 30% unemployment before this is all over (if it is ever all over)..

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Good luck with it all Aaron.
    Wholesale restructuring to come in my sector in next 6 months I suspect.
    Sadly, we are all in for a very hard time this winter (unless you work in in food retail).
    Sooner or later nobody will have any money for food either, so those jobs will also go. In fact, if things don't turn around within 12 months, I can see a lot of soviet-era concrete tower blocks in our future; enjoy the Cobra now before the government of the day comes to take it away
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12