Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My 350 was bought as a turnkey from the engine factory in the US

It has edelbrock top half and a lumpy road race cam was tested at 349bhp at 6200 revs and 352 torque at about 5000 rpm

Steve
    Sumo, modified

Quote Originally Posted by steve_h View Post
    My 350 was bought as a turnkey from the engine factory in the US

It has edelbrock top half and a lumpy road race cam was tested at 349bhp at 6200 revs and 352 torque at about 5000 rpm

Steve
    Yours are healthy looking figures and I bet that it goes well, I think my torque graph is a bit optimistic for some reason. (The dyno used looked fine and the guy doing the tuning certainly seemed to know what he was doing - perhaps it needs recalibrating)

I looked at my Dyno readings the other day. Mine is a 350 chevy built by Jez at Custom Power and Paint. Nothing overly modified all new internals. I read somewhere that the bhp and torque figures should always cross at 5250 but i could be completely wrong. Anyways i'm expecting 350ish at the flywheel according to Jez and the ATW figures on the dyno day was 315bhp. More than enough for me. Barry
    Last edited by howardbr; 06-12-17 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Re-type

Quote Originally Posted by howardbr View Post
    I looked at my Dyno readings the other day. Mine is a 350 chevy built by Jez at Custom Power and Paint. Nothing overly modified all new internals. I read somewhere that the bhp and torque figures should always cross at 5250 but i could be completely wrong. Anyways i'm expecting 350ish at the flywheel according to Jez and the ATW figures on the dyno day was 315bhp. More than enough for me so 312bhp mentioned appears to align. Barry
    Thanks for the info. How does my torque graph compare to yours? - mine seems high and others on the forum concur

Happy to post the graph this evening for you to compare. Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Almost there2147 View Post
    Thanks for the info. How does my torque graph compare to yours? - mine seems high and others on the forum concur
    Your torque numbers are out of the ball park for a stockish 350.
    Even a big cubed Big Block would be proud of those.
    Something not right somewhere in the calcs or calibration I reckon.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

There you as promised. That was a day couldn't gain WOT as my accelerator pedal hit the floor first so the last part of the power run the guy worked the throttle from the carb. All sorted now Barry. Happy with any comments from anyone if readings don't look to good

Attached Images Attached Images
    AK Gen 1, SBC 350, 3.54PL Diff, Getrag - Build Start 03/09/2010 Passed IVA 01/09/2014 On the Road 01/10/2014

Thanks for posting the graph, it's more inline with what I expected for mine. Might have mine retested once I've fitted the bigger fuel pump so that I can go to 5250rpm and a bit beyond.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12