View Poll Results: How are your dates recorded on the V5?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • My dates are both the same (new)

6 54.55%
  • My dates are split. (One new one donor)

5 45.45%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    As I understand it, a cherished plate is always moveable (unless vehicle is unroadworthy), “real” Reg plate is always non-transferable.

Jim

Mine was sva'd in 1999 with a 1979 age plate , reg doc only has 1st registration 1999 on it and it also states reg non transferable

Roger

My V5 has "Date of First Registration" 1969 (Year of donor vehicle) and "Date of First Registration in UK" as 2006 (date it was registered with DVLA as a 289 after SVA)
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Thank for the response so far

We are getting quite a mix here.

Some clarity from the DVLA would be nice. Which is part of the reason for my quest.

A
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"

Quote Originally Posted by 1dayiwill View Post
    Where does it say that? Is it in 3. Special notes?
    Says Non Transferable down the bottom of the front page. Its not a Q plate. The age related plated relates to the date of the donor as far as we can work out
    Last edited by Ken; 07-12-17 at 10:05 AM.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 4 Litre Rover V8

I DONT NEED GOOGLE. MY WIFE KNOWS EVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Says Non Transferable down the bottom of the front page. Its not a Q plate. The age related plated relates to the date of the donor as far as we can work out
    Does "Non Transferable" not mean you cannot put that number on another car rather than being able to put a cherished number on to your car?

If you choose to put a cherished number on to your car, that vehicle retains the original number and if/when you transfer the cherished number to another vehicle then the original number is reassigned to the car.
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Does "Non Transferable" not mean you cannot put that number on another car rather than being able to put a cherished number on to your car?

If you choose to put a cherished number on to your car, that vehicle retains the original number and if/when you transfer the cherished number to another vehicle then the original number is reassigned to the car.

Thats a damned good point Clive, THanks for that. I may just give DVLA a bell tomorrow and post up their reply
    Thyanks again as I always considered it measnt I couldnt put another plate on the Cob
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 4 Litre Rover V8

I DONT NEED GOOGLE. MY WIFE KNOWS EVERYTHING

I'll have to check my V5 but when I registered mine in July I put a retained 1966 plate straight on it.
    My donor was 1987.
    It never had a 1987 age related plate as far as I know.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17

Hi,

I have placed a cherished plate onto a couple of my demo cars and then placed it onto retention when the car was sold on.
    The cars were given a random age related number.
    However I have not noticed the non transferable note until recently and only on the dateless period car.
    I just had a new registration v5c arrive today for a build and this has both new dates but no note regarding the possible transfer or not of the plate.
    It may be that all such registered cars are non transferable as mentioned above but cherished numbers can be placed onto and move from them over the ‘original’ applied number.
    It would be nice for some clarity because I would be pretty peeved to loose a cherished plate through bureaucracy.

A
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"

My Sumo was SVA'd in 2005.

My V5C also states that the registration Mark is "non-transferable" [Special notes #1] so I don't think that it's anything new (and i agree with the previous comments that it doesn't prevent an earlier reg being allocated to the car).

My date of first registration is 1979 and I queried this with the DVLA when I first received the V5 - I was told that it was correct procedure and not to worry about it

My emissions are also stated at Special Notes #3
    Cobra not quite as shiny as my head

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast