Cobra rebuild litterature -- everything you need to know

FOR SALE: a complete set of technical literature to overhaul or (re)build your Cobra. Specifically for Chevy small-block engine, Jaguar axles and Holley carburetor. All books in good condition, see photo. Value +300 GBP, sold 80 GBP (90 EUR), which includes the shipping tu UK and EU. For other countries please ask for shipping costs.
    Payment via Paypal
    Cobra-Restoration.jpg

welcome back hghoser - it's been a fair while since your last post here - hope all is well

How did you get on with your original query regarding getting a cobra registered in France - did you accomplish this in the end? if so, do you have any information that would help others on how you did it (albeit it was 12 years ago)

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) SRV8 with 383ci stroker chevy.

I had to sell my Cobra

Hi Gary,

unfortunately there was no way to get the Cobra registered in France. As my RAM Cobra was registered in Germany and I was a French resident and tax payer, I even wrote to a European mediator, because France infringes the European principle of "free movements of goods". To no avail, they only explained that they already tried for years to ask France to respect the European laws. Meanwhile I moved to Southern Portugal, and here it is even worse. I don't see any Cobras registered in Portugal, only UK or EU visitors. There might be a few, but probably less than a dozen in the whole country, and how they got their cars registered is a total mystery. So I sold my Cobra (the website is still up: www.accobraforsale.com).

After rebuilding it completely, driving it for several years and then being forced to sell it, with no chance to get another one where I live now, I lost all interest in cars. I tried collectors Mustang and Chevys, but it's not the same. So I'm selling the last items.

Cheers,
    Gunther

Really sorry to hear that Gunther, must of been a very difficult decision - Cobra looked really nice too. I think things are just as difficult now but there was one success story i believe recently.

There is a member on here (Delfim) who is based in Portugal who runs a Shamrock cobra - may be worth giving him a shout if you still have the need for a cobra in your life

Good luck either way

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) SRV8 with 383ci stroker chevy.