Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You got me confused here Clive.......

Stu J, I realise fuel economy is in many ways irrelevant in our cars, but out of interest did you notice a vast difference in fuel use after you changed?, I only do a couple of thousand miles a year so although not great it may make a difference

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Wetpool View Post
    You got me confused here Clive.......
    In what way? Hood up = More streamlined and less air turbulence, therefore better fuel economy.
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

I think it's because your post read to increase fuel consumption instead of improve, I knew what you meant 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Daryn Smith View Post
    Here is my FiTech installation, straight out of the box and bolted on. Did no tuning what so ever and revs like a beast. I have a very very lumpy cam that only produces 6inHg and the FiTech EFI smoothed the tick over out and gave great throttle response.
    Thats interesting. What did you do for a manifold?

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    Thats interesting. What did you do for a manifold?
    The bolt pattern of the FiTech unit is the same as a Holley, so it bolts straight up to existing manifold and a few electrical connections and bingo, done.

I my car has a 1971 383 chevy V8, it has been standing for 3 months in in freezing temperatures and I thought I would run her up. Pressed the start button and she fired up instantly, never had that happen with a carb fitted.

It is very unlikely that the failure of a single sensor will leave you stranded (AFM maybe) and even then you've a second chance if the system has a limp home mode.

The 14 CUX system is not as bad as many make out (in my opinion) and these days it is possible to diagnose the system cheaply and easily as well as re programming if that's what you want to do. It only has a handful of sensors most of which are cheap.

I also found issues with carbs due to not being used often enough, maybe not a problem for all.

I agree, once I get the system up and running I'm not averse to using it, it's just that I'll probably end up being as shallow as a puddle and fit the carb for looks alone!

Quote Originally Posted by rpm015 View Post
    I agree, once I get the system up and running I'm not averse to using it, it's just that I'll probably end up being as shallow as a puddle and fit the carb for looks alone!
    Personally I think the plenum and associated components looks way better than carb' & air cleaner, the carb' setup doesn't mean much to me, maybe I'm too young.
    With EFi and a lambda sensor and gauge you not only know what your engine is doing but also know what the system knows is happening.

If you think you may use it would be worth making sure you allow for it during the build, a return fuel pipe to the tank and swirl pot (or allowance for one) as a minimum as could be difficult/expensive to do after.

Quote Originally Posted by rpm015 View Post
    Stu J, I realise fuel economy is in many ways irrelevant in our cars, but out of interest did you notice a vast difference in fuel use after you changed?, I only do a couple of thousand miles a year so although not great it may make a difference

Roger
    There was not a great deal of economy difference to be honest. The only noticeable change was the sound of the exhaust grumble with carbs
    C an
    O nly
    B e
    R eal
    A drenalin
    Sumo, 4.2 RV8..... Edelbrock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast