Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu J View Post
    There was not a great deal of economy difference to be honest. The only noticeable change was the sound of the exhaust grumble with carbs
    Ah, but with the EFi you can tune in a nice overrun shotgun burst (both barrels) if you are completely childish (I am) and feasibly could make it switchable (I've never bothered.

When I had carb's on I got worse MPG, but that may have been as much due to my inability to tune the carb's rather than because it was carb's.

At the moment the car has a 2.8 v6 with efi in it, so it has all the necessary gubbins to run the rover efi, learning how to get the best out of the Holley might be interesting!

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by GDCobra View Post
    Personally I think the plenum and associated components looks way better than carb' & air cleaner, the carb' setup doesn't mean much to me, maybe I'm too young.
    I know of a Cobra in Derby which the owner has 'mirror' polished up the RV8 plenum, rocker covers, inlet manifold etc etc. They've come up very well indeed.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ-Notts View Post
    I know of a Cobra in Derby which the owner has 'mirror' polished up the RV8 plenum, rocker covers, inlet manifold etc etc. They've come up very well indeed.
    Not being a chromosexual I prefer the dull sandcast look although I would like to flycut the fins on the plenum but as it's not flat it's a bit difficult to do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123