Thread: Paint choices

Paint choices

So the car is in the shop being prepped for paint and I’m still not fully decided on colour.

Narrowed down to 2 which are poles apart on the spectrum. Slightly got the wind pushed out of my sails with my 1st choice as Jon at AK has done his new demo car almost same colour and scheme.

Choice 2 is looking good but will be spraying out an old wing 1st to see effect on a big area.

I may may revert back to choice #1 so just to let you know I chose this 1st......

Regards Bence

Always stick with first choice, if AKs is finished go and have a look at and see how you can make it better!!

Any thing but blue!!

I totally ruled out blue, but that only in the end left me with grey or silver on my short list! So I went blue,lots of blues to choose from though! probably going black next time!
    AK gen2 ls3

I might be biased, but I really like the paintjob on my one. Because it is so unusual, it gets so many comments/looks and people always come up and ask for photographs of it.

In low light/night time, it looks black. In daylight, it's almost a dark green. Then from the front its like a sparkling/pearlscent bronze/copper, the side look purple/navy and the back is black. It's very unusual.

Originally when I was looking to buy, I wanted black or green - so this is the best of both worlds for me. I also quite liked Red and also Silver ones. Never really fancied the standard blue ones though, although I imagine they probably are much quicker/easier to sell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM2nEqnXdIQ

I do like that, mine is black with a silvery fleck and a silver stripe, green interior. Can I ask what paint that is? Thanks.
    Cheers,
    Murray

That's the trouble with you Sailors, long hair, quick zips and, Oohh, look at the size of that!!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Black mamba, I don't usually like trick paint but yours is lovely, very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    I do like that, mine is black with a silvery fleck and a silver stripe, green interior. Can I ask what paint that is? Thanks.
    If that is to me (not sure) - then I was told that it was a custom paint job that cost over £5,000 when it was originally built. I have the receipts somewhere. The only downside of course, is that if some pleb in the supermarket carpark puts his/her door into my car, I have to respray the whole lot. I cant use T-Cut and I cant respray a certain area.

The whole car changes colour depends in what angle and what light you shine on it. I've taken friends out in it who ask me if I have sprayed it since they last saw it.

Front: Copper/Bronze. Sides: Purple/Navy. Dash: Sparkling Green. Headrests and rear = Black.

I will try and take some more videos of it with better lighting and upload.

I must say though, its definitely very special and it gets a ton of attention and compliments when parked. But when its moving, it typically looks dark green/black and very modest/subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by rpm015 View Post
    Black mamba, I don't usually like trick paint but yours is lovely, very nice!
    Thank you. I appreciate that! I will try and get some better videos onto youtube.

I think it definitely sets apart from the rest. There are so many Blue/white Cobras out there and from like 1 mile away in fog, people can say "oh thats a cobra" - much like a gulf livery GT40.

Thats why I like my paintjob. Even from 10-20ft away. People dont always know exactly what it is.