There's a hole in my gearbox, dear Liza...

So the strange noise coming from my Honda CR-V turns out to be part of the clutch pressure plate that has broken up and whacked a 3/4 inch hole in the bellhousing So, it probably just needs a replacement clutch (as it drove back ok..) but I'm left with a hole to patch-up. How does the MOT inspection regard the patching up of holes in the bellhousing? I'd rather not get into replacing it as it looks like its integral to the gearbox assembly, and could be a more complex job than just swapping over. Also, don't suppose anyone's done a clutch change on a 2005 CR-V, and if so how much of a pig of a job is it?

Cheers - Pete.
    Crendon CR427 No. 55

I remember Kaase saying to build a 400+ HP Cleveland you "use good parts and then starting pulling plug wires 'till you get there"...

Not part of the MOT test, so maybe use liquid steel or an equivalent epoxy filler?

Alan.
    AK Gen II delivery date Oct '15
    IVA pass Dec '18.
    On the road Jan '19
    GM LQ4 364ci, LS9 cam, Omex 710.
    Tremec T56 Terminator.

Cheers Alan, that's handy to know. Looks like I now have another job to do before I can get on and finish the Cobra!
    Crendon CR427 No. 55

I remember Kaase saying to build a 400+ HP Cleveland you "use good parts and then starting pulling plug wires 'till you get there"...

Make the hole round and put a grommet in, sort of like an inspection hole?

Or if the hole is about 6" in diameter bolt a cover plate over it. I did and ran for 18 months without a problem including an MOT.

Thanks chaps, was going to make a start today, but it's been cold and raining...so maybe next weekend...perhaps...
    Crendon CR427 No. 55