Rover V8 manifolds

I’ve bought a “pair” of exhaust manifold for a Rover V8, however, on closer inspection they are not the same.

The one I need to make a pair have the part number wyf j5090 on them, but the only reference to them I can find is in on a Morgan website. Can’t find any on EBay.

Does anyone know what they’re off, maybe someone has one collecting dust in their garage??
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

The ones I took off my Rover v8 have a piece of flexible tube built in.
    If this sounds right I will drag them out for a closer look at the numbers.

sceptic

Unfortunately not, its a cast manifold with no flexy section
    Regards

Craig Perry

On the assumption I can't find a second matching manifold I need a plan B.....

What I'm thinking is, cutting the CAT and the collector of the AK side pipes leaving four pipes coming into the engine bay, then connecting each cylinder to each pipe with my own, home made manifold ! I've done it before so (hopefully) its not such a stretch.

To connect to the side pipes I won't be able to weld so I'm thinking of using springs and catches (normally used on motorbikes pipes I think??) I assume, if I get the right sized pipe and get plenty of exhaust paste round it, it will seal. Does anyone have any experience of these springs and catches holding exhausts together?
    Regards

Craig Perry

Quote Originally Posted by cperry View Post
    I’ve bought a “pair” of exhaust manifold for a Rover V8
    I think you'll find that all factory 'pairs' of RV8 exhaust manifolds comprise a LH and RH manifold that, while they may be 'similar', are not identical side to side (well, mirror imaged if you know what I mean). Certainly none of the truck ones are and I don't think SD1, TR8 etc are either. Obviously results from having to miss brake servo's, steering gear, starter motor etc that are not the same side to side on the engine or vehicle. What you're expecting to find probably doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by russell_ram2 View Post
    I think you'll find that all factory 'pairs' of RV8 exhaust manifolds comprise a LH and RH manifold that, while they may be 'similar', are not identical side to side (well, mirror imaged if you know what I mean). Certainly none of the truck ones are and I don't think SD1, TR8 etc are either. Obviously results from having to miss brake servo's, steering gear, starter motor etc that are not the same side to side on the engine or vehicle. What you're expecting to find probably doesn't exist.
    I have the driver all welded up and connected to the side pipe, if I could find another manifold the same as that one, I'd be able to fit it to the passenger side too.
    Regards

Craig Perry