Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    90% complete with my build. AK Gen 2 with Rover and Edelbrock carb...should be finished and ready for IVA by end March all going well.

Mike

Also in build here, Dax IRS. Might be able to complete before 2019 but hangs on variables outside of my experience, this being my first build.

Like Neil, hope to get through before any potential changes, but am interested in future builds.

total 14 definite part builds so far, then add the AK estimated 50% of 134, say 60, as conservative, gives us 74. This is just the Cobra Replicas that we know of so far. there are other replica kits.
    Neil may be right. I hope the DVLA & Vosa browse this thread. they can get an idea of the hardworking people who have committed large chunks of time and money into their build projects.
    It can be very satisfying to see your project come to life, despite many obstacles. But to have the goalposts moved with so many players still on the field is plainly WRONG.
    Rowly

Wisdom is the careful management of Knowledge.

Sumo 1. Mk3 , 350 SBC. Now Sold.
    Hardtop For Pilgrim Sumo, Now Sold.
    Sumo 2. Now ready for Paint. MK3(B) Chassis, SBC Stroker.(not for sale)

Yup. DAX IRS. 70 % done. Get this rebuilt and slight tune on 289 Mustang engine but old school but in keeping what the originals were. Also have a look at 350 chevy 'Wheeler dealers' ed china episode, he rejetted carb leaner and added two cats on a GD and just crept in. So its all possib;le worse case, i would like the government to confirm a timeline should it happen, it may not

Hi

I'm in mid-build and totally peed off. My "old school" engine is ready and paid for - Chevy 383 + Holley carb. Took ages to find a decent block planned everything or so I thought

Chassis and exhaust paid for and ready to collect from GD was excited to get the chassis and install the engine

now this news ! Dont think I could do it all and get it to IVA in time - could bury my head in the sand and hope it doesn't happen

dont know what to do, rush or change the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil O View Post
    Just a tip guys.....
    The people that work at VOSA and DVLA actually come here to see what we are up to and what the 'work arounds' are.
    If you post something here about circumventing the rules they will see it and be looking to close the loop hole.
    I have given up trying to alert individuals and moderators to stupid posts of that kind. So be it.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Howoodie View Post
    Hi

I'm in mid-build and totally peed off. My "old school" engine is ready and paid for - Chevy 383 + Holley carb. Took ages to find a decent block planned everything or so I thought

Chassis and exhaust paid for and ready to collect from GD was excited to get the chassis and install the engine

now this news ! Dont think I could do it all and get it to IVA in time - could bury my head in the sand and hope it doesn't happen

dont know what to do, rush or change the spec.
    Deep breath, speak to Andy, relax

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    T56 Gearbox
    3.54 LSD Diff
    AP Vented front brakes
    Outboard X308 Vented rear brakes

GD MIKIV Jag based in build, very early so engine choice can be amended to suit as necessary. Intention before all the furore was a Ford 302 with EFI. Having read all the posts and especially those from Dave Brooks looks like no need to change that just add cats, also seems that option of a carb is also not a problem as long as sensible with cam choice and carb is set up correctly.

The problem I have with the proposed changes is that from the small number of kits registered every year and the low annual mileage done it will make absolutely no difference to why the legislation is being implemented in the first place.

MIke
    Mike

GD Jag MKIV...well chassis for it

Dax with an RV8 Edlebrock carb, Offenhouser intake manifold. Side pipes already purchased (non CATS) just spent over a month building the headers (non CATS) = a lot of money and time

If your side pipes are re-packable then you should be able to fit cats inside them?
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast