Thread: Sump guards

Sump guards

To satisfy a couple of Guys who required sump guards I ordered 4 to keep the cost down. Hence I have 2 spare so if anyone out there needs any quick, then these are ready to despatch. Made from good quality st/st. £120 each plus £20 packing and postage. PM me for detail. They fit AK and DAX but never tried on a Sumo or GD
    Cheers
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Hi Charlie PM sent

All available sold with an additional one required. Anyone else require a guard as I really need to get four at a time.
    Thanks for the interest
    Charlie
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Hi Charlie,
    I already have a sump guard from you, and thought people might like to know that these do fit mk2 Sumo's. Unfortunately on a mk3 they will likely interfere with the front suspension, but might work with modification, I.e narrowing the strip at the front and drilling new holes.
    Thanks, I'm very happy with mine.
    Richard

As I have another two interested parties I have again ordered 4 more guards! These will be available for the end of the month and I can take to Stoneleigh if required. If anyone else wants one then please let me know as I can adjust the order if required.
    Thanks to all who have had a guard and left excellent remarks on the quality of the guard.
    Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Many thanks for you time and showing me your sump guard fitted on your car .Nice sump guard and well engineered. I will be recommending the guard at my next meeting so you might have some more interested parties.
    The guard is sized for AK and Dax chassis rails but could easily made to fit other vehicles .Talking some biker friends they have stone guards fitted but are mounted on rubber mounts to adsorb impact which is interesting . I was thinking of mounting on rubber between the chassis and guard fixing to lessen the impact.

Hi Jon,
    Interesting point on having rubber mounts. Obviously you would have to alter the guard height to accommodate the rubber pads/mounts. I would not advise adding more depth to the guard and just inserting rubber pads as the guard will be nearer the ground. If people want to allow for rubber mounts then this is no issue as long as I know up front to make another drawing for manufacture
    Cheers
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    Hi Charlie,

Many thanks for you time and showing me your sump guard fitted on your car .Nice sump guard and well engineered. I will be recommending the guard at my next meeting so you might have some more interested parties.
    The guard is sized for AK and Dax chassis rails but could easily made to fit other vehicles .Talking some biker friends they have stone guards fitted but are mounted on rubber mounts to adsorb impact which is interesting . I was thinking of mounting on rubber between the chassis and guard fixing to lessen the impact.