Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tony,

I have PM'ed you my email address, thank you.

The option to get a running car is a no go - one of the (fortunately few) restrictions placed on my domestic agreement to spend time playing with cars was "No wrecks on the drive!!". I will definitely be going down the pre 1995 and will ideally look for a 1992, or earlier engine.

Thanks again for the pointers,
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor

I've emailed the info. Seems very straightforward actually.

Cheers,

Tony
    Supply by blagging, engineering by bodge......

Tony,

Famous last words!!!!

Take care,
    Ian

Hi Ian,

I'll have a look at my notes although I think they may have gone in the bin together with the prototype, when I cleared things out to relocate back from France. As I recall, you couldn't just drop it into drive and play around with the paddle. I needed to isolate the complete drive circuit I made from the emu.

Anyway I'll have a look in the garage this weekend. We still have unopened boxes which we need to sort so it's a good excuse to get on with it.

Alun,

Appreciate your efforts, any and all help will be gratefully received.

Ian

Ian,

finally got round to sorting my boxes. My approach to the electronics to undertake the switch control for the transmission was to use a plc. My design was based on a Siemens model.

Reasons for going down this route rather than using discrete bits was the extent of the interlocking necessary to safeguard the operation. Also a darn sight easier. So unfortunately no circuit to share other than the logic code of the plc.

In the end the reason why I didn't finally install it was that there was no appreciable benefit verses the cost of chopping the car around for a final visually acceptable solution. A good exercise over the winter though, as I recall.

Alun,

That's a shame, I was hoping for an "off the shelf" way forward, thanks for taking the time to let me know.

Would it be possible for you to expand on the "extent of the interlocking necessary to safeguard the operation" for my benefit? Have you any pictures of the visually acceptable solution - I assume this was changes to the auto shift mechanism?

Thanks again for your input.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12