Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Roll Bar/Hoop height.

Afternoon all,

can anyone let me know the height/length of AK (Gen 1) single two leg roll bar/hoops as they are "out of the box" so to speak ie before they are trimmed for personal preference or hood fitting? I'm after the measurement from bottom of the legs where they meet the chassis to the top of the outer radius.

Thanks, Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

Dont think there is a standard mesurement, but i made mine level with the windscreen top, spirit level from top of screen, then measured from this to the bottom of the hoop fixing point, however if you are tall you may want to increase this height a little, (not that they would save you anyway Lol), suggest you dont go much more though, for one, it increases the leverage on them, and two, it makes it more difficult to get your softtop (or hardtop) to fit!

Sorry missed the point on the post. I'm after the measurements before they are fitted "out of the box". In my never ending quest to reduce the costs of my build I've found a local tube bender who might be able to make the roll bars, just need to confirm measurements. I've taken side to side and diameters from the fixing points on the chassis just need to know how long/tall to get them made, possibly!

Graham.

Hi Graham,

Funny enough mine just arrived minutes ago. Not for an AK but can be made to? I already have a 50mm stainless steel with 260 centres that I thought it looked too narrow and the tube too fat.

Took a while to find a bender who has the dies to match the size tube and centres. With some quotes £200+.

I only wanted mild steel as am fitting a third leg and painting it black.

Found this guy on eBay Tubebender -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231637690373?euid=5ec37cb6d7af4e7997d8b579a41cabac &bu=43163716285&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

who made me 42.4x2.5mm CHS with 320mm centres and a 660 O/A ( can make any length legs you want) for £45 Delivered.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by philbrad73; 22-03-18 at 11:30 AM.

Now with picture?

Won't load picture 🤔

trying again?

Hi,

spoke (email) to Tom at tube bender earlier this week, problem was the centre line radius. From the measurements I've taken off the mounting points on the chassis (AK gen 1) I ended up with 2"/5.08mm OD pipe, centre to centre 285mm and a CLR of 14.25cm, Tom could only do a 16.5cm CLR on 3mm tube which put the centre to centre out by 2.25cm either side!

So either my measurements are off by a scale and a half or it's the joys of building an AK, quick reply from Tom at Tube bender just not the answer I was after.

sorry I was moving the mounts to suit.

Not exactly sure where the mounts on an AK are? You could make an adapter that fits into the chassis mounts with a plate on the end with another piece of tube to go inside the hoop at the correct centres?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast