Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did mine in three stages to the max torque figure - but couldn't get the torque wrench onto the middle 4. Torque settings will also depend on what intake is made from (alloy or steel) - worth trying out the manufactures site for you specific model as they can vary i think.

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    I did mine in three stages to the max torque figure - but couldn't get the torque wrench onto the middle 4. Torque settings will also depend on what intake is made from (alloy or steel) - worth trying out the manufactures site for you specific model as they can vary i think.

rgds
    Gary
    Just as an update, I now have the inlet manifold off, all went well starting with draining the water, the most difficult part being removing the manifold that was well stuck to the block and heads. Once I took one rocker cover off the manifold could be levered up much easier.

one question, on taking the rocker cover off there is a little bit of mayonaise in the top, not much and I can see little water droplets like condensation in the top where this slight cream coloured oil is. I feel sure it is just condensation as I have not been driving the car through the winter. I can email photo's if that would help but I don't know how to get them up on this forum.

Any feedback will be helpful

Regards

Rich

Forgot to mention that I found the reason for the cooling fan not cutting in at the required temperature, the sensor had been tie rapped to the outside of the top hose/aluminium tube. When putting this inside the top hose I seem to remember in the past using a rubber seal which seals the small copper pipe as it passes from outside the aluminium tube, through the rubber hose and being clamped by a jubilee clip, is that still the way or do I just use some silicon sealant ? Also some of the manifold bolts were not particularly tight.

Have a good weekend and any feedback will be great fully received

Regards

Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12