Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boot lock

@ Neil

I had a long reply typed out earlier, but every time I tried to submit the forum barfed and died for a while.. so, anyway - thanks for all the suggestions & ideas. I've gone with bent M6 allthread for now, might add some heat-shrink tubing to cover the threaded section, or re-make with tube over the top.. but for now, it works, so I shall leave it as is - priorities and all that

Oh - 1dayiwill; I saw those on eBay too and thought they looked like the Dax picture, the trouble is they are all different heights and listings never specify (as they're made to be direct replacement parts), but maybe I'll see some at Stoneleigh that I can pick up and hold and pick one up.

On to the next challenge..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Buy yourself a MIG welder. You'll never look back. Jobs like this suddenly become easy - and fun.
    DAX Cobra. May contain nuts. Always read the label.

I've literally just fitted mine last week I'll happily measure up for you and send a picture if any use for when you change it, I think it is a fairly run of the mill striker plate I had to pack out with washers but it's perfect. My plan is to get a small block of ally and shape it to replace the washers, because of the boot floor angle a wedge shaped spacer would be ideal but not an issue.
    Mark
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Aaron.
    S&J do have the right striker for the Dax. Did you forget mention it was a Dax you were building..... you cabbage!!!
    ‚ÄčPro Cobra Builder
    DB427SC

DB REPLICAS
    Find us on Facebook
    db427.com
    Low Volume manufacturer of
    ALUMINIUM BODY, ROUND TUBE CHASSIS.
    ORIGINAL SPEC. SUSPENSION COBRAS.
    OEM style stainless SIDEPIPES

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12