LS3 Battery Issue

Hi All,

Have not been on for a while, been busy with other projects.

But now the weather is getting better, I took the car out for a few miles and loved it.

But I seem to have a small problem, The car starts no problem and drive no bother, but when I stop the car and try and start it again, the battery seems to struggle to start the car again and if keep trying I run the battery flat. But if I let the engine get cold and start the car, it starts no problem, anyone had this problem or anyone got any ideas to help, it seems to be a heat related thing, was going to try and put a shield between the starter and the exhaust, but as usual any help will be appreciated

Brian
    AK Gen II - LS 376/480 495 BHP with upgraded long lift cam

That's what you need! a shield for the starter/solenoid. Unlikely to be the battery as the car starts at first without problems.
    Cheers,
    Murray

That's the trouble with you Sailors, long hair, quick zips and, Oohh, look at the size of that!!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

I had a similar issue, but when hot my starter motor wasn’t engaging properly. Turned out to be a poor connection of the crank signal from the start button to the motor. Took it off and soldered the spade terminal onto the motor, all fixed.

If your starter is engaging it might not be the same isssue, but something to check at least.

Good luck getting it out!!

Thanks guys will give those a check.
    AK Gen II - LS 376/480 495 BHP with upgraded long lift cam