Inoperative Bonnet Release Pull

I've just been round to my local garage to get a quote for my pinto-to-sidepipe header and, would you believe it, the bonnet release chose that moment to stop working.

Before I try to figure it out, does anyone know of a technique for opening the bonnet without it?

The front grille is meshed so I imagine it's a case of wriggling into the front of the engine bay from below somehow...
    Kittihawk: Pilgrim Sumo MK3 built '93/'94 with 2.1L Stage 2 Pinto and Ford Type 9 5-Speed Gearbox

Panic over; a long-handled paintbrush from just in front of the passenger side front wheel did the trick. Fixed now.
    Kittihawk: Pilgrim Sumo MK3 built '93/'94 with 2.1L Stage 2 Pinto and Ford Type 9 5-Speed Gearbox

I'd get rid of it - few cobras have the double latching bonnet catch found on modern cars - not really needed on a forward hinging bonnet (unless yours is the MkII style with the bonnet hinge at the windscreen end, or you don't have the traditional twin bonnet handles?)
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Mine IS the Mk2 but the fix was straightforward (the cable had jumped out of the mechanism at the latch end so a tie-wrap will stop that happening again).

I'm toying with the idea of replacing the hinges with the more traditional bonnet handles and having the bonnet lift clean off the car when I want to open it.

Not at the top of the to-do list for now, though.