Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IVA Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra fan View Post
    yes I am Kevin
    wondering if you might have vapour lock (as might I). This video illusrtaes the problem nicely, but I wont be following their solution......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cadNfSNi_Oc
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Pass?

Hi Anthony

How did it go?

Ian

Hi Ian
    I had to postpone till 21st June. I put a bigger battery and bigger cables but still has the starter issue problem. Have had to take the starter motor out and having it sent away to be looked at. Luckly the guys at the DVSA just let me move my retest so didn't loose my money.
    How about you, when are you having your retest?

Anthony

Oh no,
    We are both missing out on this weather. I am going back on Tuesday morning. 40 minute retest. Fingers crossed. At least we don't have to worry about any potential changes to emissions anymore.

At least you know you'll pass this time as the fails wern't that bad, and like you said we dont have to worry about the changes to the emissions test, as mine passed that as well.
    At least you'll be enjoying the weather before me. Just hope the weather lasts till about september so I dont miss out.

Hi Anthony,
    Did you pass?
    DVLA lost my paperwork and have only just found it so I am still waiting for a reg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ian.
    That's not good that they lost your paperwork. At least they've found it again. Glad you passed on the second go round.
    No she fell at the last fence. the new battery and cables and new solinoid on the starter motor all work brill she was swiched off and started up quiet a few times and didn't have a problem. After the steering test on the drive back to the building there was a sqeeling sound coming from the back nearside wheel. Looked it over on the ramp could find no problem. She went throught the brake test and then came the handbreak test. I'd tightened it up as much as I could and the shoes were out as far as I could get them. She passed this as well. I though phew now just the speedo. Put her on the rolling road to set the speedo up and then when the tester noticed that the near side wheel wasn't spinning. The hand brake has seized on so she couldn't pass the speedo test. At least the next time I go which is on the 18th July she'll pass as it's only the speedo to test. It'll take me 2 hours to get there and back and the test will take about 5 mins. Oh well lets hope August is still nice weather

What a pain. At least it's a step in the right direction! Trust me you won't care about the 2 hour round trip when it passes. 😁

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12