Propshaft Length on Sumo Mk3 with Rover V8 and Ford Type 9 Gearbox

Does anyone have a Pilgrim Sumo that fits the criteria in the title?

If you do, do you know the length of your prop shaft, please?
    Kittihawk: Pilgrim Sumo MK3 built '93/'94 with 2.1L Stage 2 Pinto and Ford Type 9 5-Speed Gearbox

Without 2nd guessing your thoughts.... type 9 would be an unusual choice behind a rover as it’s a bit fragile - and probably not that easy to do either, especially compared to a T5, r380 or lt77. I’d be surprised if you find any other pilgrims with that set up.

If it’s just the measurement you are thinking about pre v8 swap, than getting a custom length prop made up is cheap and easy.

Are you planning to have a shaft made by someone else's measurements on another car? Too many parameters involved to my liking... ??

Best Regards, Theo

Quote Originally Posted by AlexB74 View Post
    If it’s just the measurement you are thinking about pre v8 swap, than getting a custom length prop made up is cheap and easy.
    This is exactly what's behind my question. I gather the Type 9 is at least strong enough to cope with a 3.5 RV8 in standard tune and a 3.9 with this configuration was up for sale on eBay lately. I have a Type 9 already so, as well as thinking about the replacement prop shaft, I was wondering if the gear stick would be in the same place as it is now if such a package came up again...

I had a standard type 9 attached to a 230 BHP Ford BOA engine and it got chewed up after a while. I then got it rebuilt in heavy duty format and the gearbox guy said it was on the edge of its power limit. I no longer have this engine or gearbox combination having gone down the RV8 route.

I'm guessing that you may have fun creating some sort of adaptor plate to mate a type 9 to an RV8, and may find that it would have been easier to go with an LT77 in the first place. This second paragraph is opinion rather than fact.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.