Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Good choice with the decals! I purchased mine from I say ding dong also - love them!
    Dax Tojeiro - Mike Huddart 383ci stroker, dark blue with wimbledon white stripes, retro racing decals.

Quote Originally Posted by GARY View Post
    Hi Mark,
    very nice SR you have got yourself, I clocked this one the other week for sale, I believe it started life with a 350 Chevy in it and the owner had Cheng Lim at Thunder Road cars install the 427 side oiler and box, and a few other bits, how I would love to do that to my SR, anyway enjoy it as it sound like you are, it looks fabulous, welcome to the club,

Gary
    Its a stroked Windsor engine i think, rather than a side oiler?
    Anyway, lovely car.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

A six gallon tank is sure going to have you carefully planning your routes. On a spirited drive that could be less than 70 miles.
    Nice car and welcome to the club with very large smiles per gallon.
    Lee
    Chairman UKCC

DAX De Dion, 400 BHP 6.0 LS2, French Racing Blue
    GD427 mk3, 325BHP 5.0 RV8, Blue - SOLD

Hi,

Interesting that you have moved from a DBS to this Cobra

I have a DB9 manual which after a break from Cobras I am considering selling to fund a Cobra, how have you found the change?

John

Kevin is correct, it is a stroked Windsor motor.

John, I had a string of 3 DB9’s then the DBS, all of which followed many years with Porsche. I just became completely bored with it all.

@ Paul, I want to put some Team stripes on the wing like you have, but it’s proving to be real tricky following the various curves, s9 I have temporarily given up on the idea. I think I need to try again and use some heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky Pinkerton View Post
    Kevin is correct, it is a stroked Windsor motor.

John, I had a string of 3 DB9’s then the DBS, all of which followed many years with Porsche. I just became completely bored with it all.

@ Paul, I want to put some Team stripes on the wing like you have, but it’s proving to be real tricky following the various curves, s9 I have temporarily given up on the idea. I think I need to try again and use some heat.
    I suspect I’m teaching you to suck eggs... but have you have got the body wet before apply the stripes? Gives you the ability to move decals around a bit. (Water and a bit of washing up liquid) Then use an old credit card to push out the water & air bubbles from underneath.

Hi Alex, thanks for the tip.

I did try with soapy water, but the stripes just wouldn’t hold as they come over the wing and around the flared arch. Every time it looked like it was going well, they would pop up off the body again, where the flare and wing meet.

Definitely a case of user incompetence! The sun was also shining and I couldn’t waste time stuck in the garage! Going to give it another try tomorrow.

Mission accomplished. Water and a little heat as we turn into the wheel arch fold.

Style/Colours have not been blatantly plagiarized from Paul Jarret's gorgeous car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mission accomplished. Water and a little heat as we turn into the wheel arch fold.

Style/Colours have not been blatantly plagiarized from Paul Jarret's gorgeous car.
    Looking at that pic - thats an interesting solution to the hood strip/scoop problem. looks good to me.

Looks the business! Nice work mate!

Dax Tojeiro - Mike Huddart 383ci stroker, dark blue with wimbledon white stripes, retro racing decals.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123