Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    From what I can see and have found there's 2 rather simple problems. The first is the failure of the DVLA to put the emission details onto every V5. The second is with the new MOT and the wording of the Kit Car section which is what stopped my MOT garage from doing my MOT. The Kit Car section needs filling out to show that the emissions for the cars are based on those at SVA/IVA. That would solve all problems.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

Dvsa told me they do not issue replacement Iva certificates. I don’t think they would do a copy either.
    The original goes to DVLA and should be scanned onto a vehicles file.
    I alway photocopy the Iva certificate and all other relevant documents as DVLA are quite capable of loosing things.
    So really the DVLA should not be asking for copies of certificates they already hold.
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"

Hi Ken
    Are they sending you a copy of your SVA certificate /
    If so great ...I asked for a copy of mine in 2000 ...and they said no its all on the v5c ...not happy but if you have found a route to get this info
    Do tell as I hate information held on my behalf by a third party (bound to fail )
    I note with interest the big 4 replica cobra replica sellers are still silent ( not you Dave ) lets hope all the £10,000 asking over purchase price is worth silence
    Finding a "cobra friendly " mot station is certainly not the answer
    Do hope this all works out ..really feel for you Ken
    If not I suggest a whip round for you (The first to face this sh-t )
    Lots of CRC members on Here ...I dont know how many members but hey ...a long term member in trouble ...surely
    Kind regards
    Jon W

I think a few calls to Mark Vickers from some key people that read this forum, and have business to loose, would help.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I’m not quite sure what you are expecting us manufacturers to do as we have built, bought, supplied and sold components and cars in line with the legislation at the time. The problem is with the Dvla and DVSA for not putting the appropriate details on the paperwork or for not communicating with each other properly

I have spoken with my mot centre who are taking a business as usual approach to my mot tests until told otherwise.

Like with the emission consultancy debate I think everyone is making much more of this than they need to and it’s a storm in a tea cup that will sort itself out.

The manufacturers and dealers are not to blame for any of this and are buying and selling cars and kits inline with current legislation. Instead of bashing them/us try and be more sympathetic. Each club member has only one car to mot each year. A big part of our business is mot and servicing and is affected by any changes to legislation so when something needs saying or defending rest assured we will speak out. Our livelihoods depend on it.

Interesting if not slightly alarming thread, my car was sva'd in 1999 with a 2.8 v6 of mid 80s age, I intend changing the engine to a rv8 3.9 of 1994 vintage which is already built in the garage almost ready to go, I have emission figures on my v5, so after informing dvla of the engine change will as Ken suggests it still get tested to the values on the v5 or will I get new emission figures to reflect the different engine age?, will this be relevant due to the age of both engines?, if it was going to be a problem maybe the swap wouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosoar View Post
    Dvsa told me they do not issue replacement Iva certificates. I don’t think they would do a copy either.
    The original goes to DVLA and should be scanned onto a vehicles file.
    I alway photocopy the Iva certificate and all other relevant documents as DVLA are quite capable of loosing things.
    So really the DVLA should not be asking for copies of certificates they already hold.
    For Dinosaur and Whit.
    SVA and IVA copies can be obtained via https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/replacement-approval-certificate-iva-5

To be honest I can only see this problem becoming worse as time goes on unless it is sorted. I have written to the Dept of Transport and my own MP to see if anything can be done
    Last edited by Ken; 24-05-18 at 07:11 PM.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    BUT the manual clearly states that if there are no emission standards on the V5c then the vehicle has to be tested to date of first use which on the V5c is 2003.
    YES - and the emissions that applied in 2003 to your kit car is as I stated - 0.12 HC & 4.5% CO - your kit is not a mass produced vehicle and hence the euro spec figures for "mainstream" cars does not apply.

Don't be fooled by the fact that your garage is a main dealer - still doesn't mean they can interpret the law better than anyone else!!
    Cobra not quite as shiny as my head

[QUOTE=robinj66;577267]YES - and the emissions that applied in 2003 to your kit car is as I stated - 0.12 HC & 4.5% CO - your kit is not a mass produced vehicle and hence the euro spec figures for "mainstream" cars does not apply.

Don't be fooled by the fact that your garage is a main dealer - still doesn't mean they can interpret the law better than anyone else!![/QUOTE]
    Probably the opposite, I wouldn't even dream of taking any of my cars to such a place let alone the Cobra.

Have to agree with that, I've taken all my cars to the same garage for years, they're not dodgy but will allow me to fix any minor faults there and then including using their ramps, yes they charge the full mot cost but its worth it because I know they're not going to look for jobs to bump up costs to offset a 'bargain' mot price

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast