Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unique Autocraft cobra for sale

Mega reluctant sale guys , I have owned this cobra for approx 8 years , only one owner before myself.
    in great condition, 10 months mot , approx 14000 miles .
    Jag based , Dax chassis , coilovers etc , corners superbly .
    Rv8 , I was told when I bought it the engine was a brand new crate engine bought from the MOD , sorry no proof but I have no reason not to believe this .
    Experienced cobra owners will know the quality of these cobras , the bodys are superb , no cracks anywhere , to be really hard on the car theres a small piece of damage at the bonnet air intake ( about the size of a 10 p).
    Anybody following a thread I started today will notice its just started a gearbox leak , there are no leaks on the engine
    It was advertised on pistonheads around 6/8 weeks ago with no luck , as our house move gets closer the price has been drastically reduced to £2395.00 or reasonable offer, a jag based cobra at Pilgrim money .

Thanks for reading
    You never forget your first time !!!
    - the day you saw your first Cobra

I assume the price of £2395 is a typo

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    I assume the price of £2395 is a typo
    Lol , well spotted , edit pending

Hi
    Question: How do you fit a Unique Autocraft Python body on a DAX chassis? (the UA Python being 2" longer than the standard Cobra).
    Andy
    UA Python owner.

Absolutely no idea Andy , the guy I bought it off bought a dax rolling chassis , he sourced the body. Or thats what I was told .What chassis were the pythons originaly built on , do you know ?

As far as I know the Pythons started life as factory built replicas and then later on became available as complete kits. They suited the taller driver (I'm 6'2") as the cockpit (and thus the whole car) was 2" longer than standard. If you search my posts you can see pics of mine - I've compared the pics to yours and all the body curves look the same, so it's a mystery. I suppose original owner could have ordered a longer chassis from DAX, but why bother when UA offered a chassis?

Weird lol , I am pretty sure this is a Dax chassis , I remember him saying he had something done with the chassis , I think to correct “bump steer” or maybe he had them lengthen it , too many years ago to now lol .
    Just out of interest , do you know if UA made their own chassis ?

Cheers John

I understand that the Python extra two inches is in the door width . Python were on the same Industrial Estate in Harlow so it does question why you would buy a Dax chassis? I went to visit both factories in the 1990's and the Python chassis was well engineered . They did favour fitting autos with Chevy 350 engines as in there demo car .Some photos of the chassis will confirm if it is a Dax .

I am intrigued now , I will try post some pics later , I dont want to advertise it with the wrong info .

Cheers John

Python made there own chassis . I recall the fuel tank was mounted above the rear axle and not under the boot as the Dax . It was a strong chassis lots of bracing 92" wheelbase (longer than the std 90"),

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast