Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by conrod View Post
    They're being sold under the EasySteer name:

http://simonebirchall.co.uk/controll...sensitive.html
    That's the one. Good to see it's still available. A good bit of kit.
    Steve Brown

CRC Regional Rep - East Anglia

Quote Originally Posted by route66 View Post
    That's the one. Good to see it's still available. A good bit of kit.
    Have the same box of tricks here - the only bad thing about it (I can't say what it's like to drive with yet) is that the box is so huge!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Looks like 5 x 3 1/2 so about the size of the ECU ?

I heard the same about the steering not feeling as good at speed with the Corsa EPAS .

Also the column has to be fully weather proofed cowling cover as any water into the steering column control unit can cause the steering to have a mind of its own and go to full lock! The conversation was with someone who jet washed his car and the steering went to full lock as water had entered into the steering column. He as jet washing the interior though .

Introducing (probably) the world's first de-modded, Corsa B, NON-EPAS steering equipped Dax Cobra! Yes, I've done it. It only took me a couple of hours to remove the EPAS upper column, swap the Dax mounting bracket, swap the plastic top bearing housing over and bolt it in. Much better. The EPAS only improves parking. Once on the move, it simply removes feedback. If you switch it off, you then feel the motor and gearbox dragging behind.
    I'm much happier with heavier parking but live steering. And SO easy to fit. If you are even considering this de-mod, start looking for a non-EPAS column now - because they don't come up often.
    I've removed it again and made an easy mod to the lower mount and bolted it to the Dax bracket. Just need to fit it back in tomorrow and that's it.
    Some photos...

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1115.JPG
    DAX Cobra MK3 chassis, MK4 shell. Stainless steel butter dish. 110mm Cake tin. Whatever works. RV8.

Good luck with the removal of the EPAS from a Dax EPAS equipped owner. 9 years without, 3 years with and it's not being removed. Everyone is different.

Andy

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910