Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Black DMS Cobra - Newbie

Hi All

My name is Tom, i live in Horsham, West Sussex. Last month I purchased a black DMS Venom kit. Needs some bits sorting and still hoping to get it out on the road this year - before the sunshine disappears! It's got a classic mini wiper system which is a bit sluggish - hopefully sorted it enough for the MOT, needs the drivers seat moving forward a touch (im not a giant, the last guy was) and some electric bugs sorted - then on for the MOT!

I'll post some pics soon.

Feel free to introduce yourself, especially if you are local

T

Welcome Tom to the mad and crazy world . Lots of people are here to help with lots of knowledge so don't be shy to ask as our cars are not in your standard Haynes manual but you have a vast knowledge of experienced and wise people always willing to help. I see your Sussex area so find your local monthly meet ( I think it used to be Goodwood track ) but I am not in the area so sure someone will comment . All our cars are working progress and things always being worked on or changed .
    DMS Venom is one of your rare kits but you will find most of the running gear is standard believe DMS are fords.

Good luck

Hi, My name is Frank Dowsett, Committee member for Hants / Sussex region, we still meet at Goodwood on the last Sunday of each month, at around 10 AM and convoy off to a different pub each time for lunch, send me your e mail address and I will get you onto our mailing list for the monthly newsletter, in the meantime come back to me with any questions.
    Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.

Hi Frank,

Great stuff - thanks! I'll send you my email via PM. It'd be good to get to know some local owners!
    Cheers
    Tom

Hi Tom, i am Francesco from Italy, have you detalied pics (body, underchassis, engine, etc...) of the DMS Venom?

Thanks
    Francesco

Hi Tom, I'm 20 mins South of you (Storrington), and usually in Horsham on Sat mornings dropping off the lad for music practice at Collyers.
    I think there is a local CRC meet on this Sunday.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Hello Tom

I'm in Horsham too. Building my Dax.
    Got the back axle back on the car today after a diff swap. Engine in very soon, I hope.

Were you driving yours through Broadbridge Heath a few days ago? I saw a black Cob with silver stripe while I was walking the dog.

Plenty of help on the site from fellow petrol heads.
    Keep us posted on how you get on with those tweaks. Sounds like a simple list.
    Regards
    Richard

Dax - Standard Chassis, a boot full of parts, Chevy 383 Stroker and Tremec TKO 600. Time for paint!

Hi Frank - I've just joined and also live in Hampshire (Lee on the Solent) and would be grateful for details of any events in the Hants/West Sussex region

Hi Ken, Email me your E mail address, and I will get you added to the Hants/West Sussex CRC group, and send you a copy of our last news letter.
    Regards Frank Dowsett. BLOKE. frank.dowsett@btinternet.com

Hi Kevin,
    Good to hear from you! I know Storrington! 👍

I won’t be at the CRC Meetings until early next year, got some remodelling to do first which is all happening over the winter, so be all fresh and shiny for the spring and hopefully I’ll get down to a few meets.

Thanks
    Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast