Thread: Sumo Radiator.

Thumbs up Sumo Radiator.

Hi Lads
    While running the Sumo this summer I developed a leak on the Radiator. Tried some K seal to get me by as I was away from home, but still have a slight leak. Trying to find the best way to remove the old Radiator (2.3 Sierra Diesel) and replace with either like for like or what are the views on a better alternative. Car is fitted with a 5.7 Chevy.

I did think about fitting with an Alloy Radiator so I hopefully didn't have to touch it again. Any info on an alloy equivalent or any other alternative would be much appreciated.

Cheers Jock

Pilgrim do an alloy one on their website or on eBay this one?

if you have inner wings fitted, you might need to do some surgery to get it out.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

If you have inner wing protection, cut a section out about 6 inches wide, and after unbolting your rad will slide out and the new one slide in. Screw some tabs to each side then seal up the small gapping with silicone sealant. I only have a 3.5 RV8 but got a new Transit rad from Ebay for around £60 which keeps my engine at around 90 degrees. Even in hot weather when in traffic the twin fans keep it acceptable
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8

https://classiccartouring.com
    For Touring and Camping

Hi Lads
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Had a look at the Pilgrim Alloy Radiator but finding it hard to justify that type of money. Would still like to fit an Alloy one but think it would need to be a lot cheaper.
    Thanks Ken I will have a look on Ebay ,any particular Transit model that you used ,just to narrow down my search.

Cheers Jock

Try 2.5 diesel transit rad. Just bear in mind connections are in different positions from memory. A search on Google will find a drawing.