Question Roll Over Hoop Fittings

Hi all after some help please, I've just fitted my roll over hoops from Europa the grommets and stainless escutcheons were bought at the same time can anybody advise on how best to fit the grommets and escutcheons so that they sit nice and flat to the body, only the thickness of the grommets makes them sit about 3mm up off the body on the DAX?
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Watching with interest as I'm at the same point with my hoops! I do know that the holes for the grommets are meant to be much larger than will allow the hoops to go through (something like 57mm rings a bell?), but all the build manual says is this:

Rear Hoop Escutcheons The rear hoop escutcheons locate inside the rear hoop rubber grommets andare fixed to the body with countersunk self-tapping stainless-steel screws.When fitting, remember to countersink the bodywork to match the plates.

and:
    With the hoop loosely bolted into position, mark the amount the holes in thebody need to be increased around each hoop tube in order to accept the DAXrubber sealing grommets. Enlarge as required, and fit the grommets - withtheir escutcheon plates, if applicable.
    And the images aren't really any more instructive than that!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Thanks Aaron,
    I think that's the problem most of us want to be perfectionists and try to keep holes to a minimum,I was thinking that as the escutcheon plate is really the finisher that I could afford to mark the external diameter of the grommet and as you state it will allow that to sit into the hole solving the problem. I know that Europa advertise a curved escutcheon for one side as that would sit on the body better but they don't stock them or seem to have sold any hence why I've got what I have.
    I willl try and sort it this week and I'll post a picture if any use for yours.
    Mark
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

There are two way to help fit these, file the under side of the body a bit and either trim the under side of the grommet back a bit or open up the clearance around the tubes, or a bit of both if that makes sense, don't go overboard with the clearance of the body, due the plate fixing holes, hope that helps
    DAX TOJEIRO DE DION
    CHEVY SB 383 STROKER 6.2Ltr 450 Hp
    Tremec TKO 3550 3.54.1 Jag Diff
    RCR Mk 1 GT 40 in build