Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've never put them on my cars, don't particularly like them and they are a paint when washing the car etc.
    Dingo stuck them on a couple of Crendons that I have owned. I think he used a decent silicone so that they stay on but can be taken off later.
    He uses fishing line and acetone to get them off I think.
    2003 Dave Brookes Dax 350ci Chevy SB.
    2008 Crendon 462ci Ford Sideoiler FE Chassis No.43
    2012 Crendon 351ci Ford Cleveland Chassis No.24
    2014 Crendon 452ci Ford FE Chassis No.66 (in progress)

I just used a basic clear silicone bath sealant - nothing fancy or special. You do have to be a bit careful when washing as Neil mentions, but nothing to arduous to achieve

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Whilst fully acknowledging that these cars are replicas, and that most details are recreated, I personally feel that installing legitimate fasteners to the bonnet purely for effect is one thing - but - glueing the severed heads of fasteners to the bonnet surface is ...a step too far. Reminds me of a guy who came up with fake, glassfibre brake calipers, held in place with bits of dexian racking brackets. In my worthless opinion, a bit too fake.
    Similarly - fake radiator cooling fans - I thought they were very slick until I read on here that they were essentially 'garden windmill decorations'.
    But variety is the spice, etc - and this is just my personal view.
    DAX Cobra MK3 chassis, MK4 shell. RV8.

Seems to me they're both for decoration and the only difference is how they're attached and whether they're reversible.

@Bannon - LOL - you could say that about anything fitted to these plastic replicas, it's all fake, but it does look the part - just don't get to close to see

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

I am afraid I am with Bannon on this. In my opinion, I felt sticking rivet heads on, was a step too far. For this reason, I went with drilling and tapping as a "proper" engineer should.

As you say each to his own, that's what our cars are all about!

So if I was going for the "Engineers" solution what type and size bolts would be required - being an accountant I can count how many are required . I quite fancy attacking my bonnet with a blunt drill bit.

Hi David, this thread might help:

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showt...=Bonnet+rivets

I think Kev ended up going with flanged button heads on his Contemporary build, each to his own though.

Used M4 flanged stainless button heads, drilled and tapped, only tricky bit was getting the tapped thread square so the head sat flat on the bonnet.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123