SBC 350 Oil Ports

Morning all,

I'm a little confused which oil port I should be teeing off for pressure & temp?

1, 2 or 3?

Cheers

Attached Images Attached Images
    AK Gen II - Delivery May '15

Oil pressure - i'm sure mine is on top of engine, next to dizzy.

Not sure about oil temp though - think people has drilled and tapped sump for sensor

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Oil pressure sensor location is 2 inches or so to the left of the distributor as you stand at the back of the engine next to the flywheel.

For oil temp. I think most people put a hole in the oil sump below the min oil level. But that does mean taking the sump off so you can clean out any swarf from the drilling. There are oil drain plugs that you can install a temp sensor into. But I think they may be vulnerable for ground clearance/debris.

Port 2 in your picture is one I've heard can be used for a temp sensor but it's not referenced in my Chevy engine building book. You'd have to check online or with a person experienced in engine building.
    Regards
    Richard

Dax - Standard Chassis, a boot full of parts, Chevy 383 Stroker and Tremec TKO 600. Time for paint!

No.1 & no.3 are for the clutch pivot ball. No.2 is an oil gallery plug. From David Vizard’s book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rebuild-You...l+block.+Chevy

If you are running a remote filter, some of the filter heads have a port for a temperature sensor; the Mocal ones certainly do:

https://www.thinkauto.com/acatalog/O...ilters_40.html

Avoids the need for having cables down at sump level.
    Cheers

Myles D-W