mot required post iva

Does anyone know for sure if i need an mot after passing the iva before registration and if so i should be able to drive it as it becomes a mandatory inspection post iva, I know at one time you didnt need one for 3 years after passing sva but not sure about the current position.
    cheers mike

You do not need a MOT for 3 years after an IVA test and road registration.

yup no MOT needed for 3 years. My first MOT the tester said afterwards, I'll have to give you one advisory because your wheels could be polished a little bit more

Doesn't hurt to take it to a garage and get them to do a pretend MOT though just for peace of mind, and if you haven't got ramps at home its good to take the opportunity to get underneath and have a look

Quote Originally Posted by hifihedgehog View Post
    yup no MOT needed for 3 years. My first MOT the tester said afterwards, I'll have to give you one advisory because your wheels could be polished a little bit more

Doesn't hurt to take it to a garage and get them to do a pretend MOT though just for peace of mind, and if you haven't got ramps at home its good to take the opportunity to get underneath and have a look
    I spoke to the dvla this afternoon about something else ,i mentioned this and they confirmed that is the case no mot for 3 years ,but it would be good to do an annual check anyway thanks hifihedghog and daryn.
    regards mike