Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'll try and find them on Ebay. The problem I had was that the first bulbs I bought were too 'Fat' at the LED top to fit into the existing socket but I found some that just went in.. I bought them to reduce the wattage when I put the caravan onto the cobra as it kept on blowing the fuse when putting the brakes on.. The much lower wattage of the LED's solved that.
    The other problem was that I have the Flat lenses on my cob and not the Beehive style lenses.
    Im still trying to find them on Ebay but what you should ensure is you get the LED bulbs with the 2 terminals on the bottom of the bulb.
    Just buy some and try them theyre pretty cheap. I'll post a link here if I find the ones I used but there are others on Ebay.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8

https://classiccartouring.com
    For Touring and Camping

I fitted these to my car, easy swap and a lot cheaper. Really bright as nearly all the other LED conversions I have seen are really dull IMHO
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Just the sort of thing I'm looking to fit as I'm having clear lenses all-round. Is there any additional wiring involved with fitting LED's, relays, resistors etc or are they plug and play?

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by TINKA View Post
    I fitted these to my car, easy swap and a lot cheaper. Really bright as nearly all the other LED conversions I have seen are really dull IMHO
    I have tried these but have found that the bayonet part is separate to the bulb part and rotates so that when you insert the bulb into the holder and push and turn to engage the bayonet fitting all that happens is that the bulb part rotates in your fingers so not possible to engage the bayonet. Lesson learned and now looking at the LED boards.
    Crendon 427 Chassis no. 10 - 351 Cleveland. Tot Rod mini me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowbelly View Post
    I have tried these but have found that the bayonet part is separate to the bulb part and rotates so that when you insert the bulb into the holder and push and turn to engage the bayonet fitting all that happens is that the bulb part rotates in your fingers so not possible to engage the bayonet. Lesson learned and now looking at the LED boards.
    Just fitted these, the only problem was the soldered contacts were too proud and needed filing down to enable the bayonet to engage, much brighter sides and brake.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowbelly View Post
    Fitted them in my car and a friends but never came across that problem.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Presumably this type of led bulb isn’t suitable for the indicators?
    Dek

He’s got a combination brake light and indicator - not sure if he does indicator alone - he needs a better website. It’s not quite as simple as a brake light swap, some indicator circuits need resistance.

I have fitted Landrover led,s which are a direct replacement and come with flasher unit, I also fitted led headlamps with half moon led,s and modern reflectors which a much better light, look them up on ebay under Landrover lights
    Neville

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    I have fitted Landrover led,s which are a direct replacement and come with flasher unit, I also fitted led headlamps with half moon led,s and modern reflectors which a much better light, look them up on ebay under Landrover lights
    Neville
    Thanks. Seems to confirm not a simple replacement for indicator bulbs..but not difficult.
    Dek

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12