Windscreen gauge

Hi

Quick one here. Do you guys make/buy the gauge for setting the windscreen or just go off the measurements
    Thanks

Matt

I've read build diaries where people have made a rod of the appropriate size from the rear of the cockpit to hold the top of the screen in place so that they are free to bolt up the screen mounts. I guess you can do it by measuring if you have a friend with steady hands, though.

For setting the rake, a piece of 2”x2” or similar with a notch at the screen end worked well.

Marking the centre of the rear bulk head and then using a length of string from this point to the two top corners of the screen helped accurate positioning there. In addition, measure the top of the screen corners to the body and also the bottom of the screen pillar (where it passes through the body) to the front of the door recess. Equalise these areas.

I found the manual wanting in the screen fit section re. specific measurements, so HTH.
    Last edited by String; 24-08-18 at 07:28 AM.

The angle of the screen is not that critical unless you are fitting a hard top. Soft tops are made to fit what is there so angle not that critical. Dont waste your money I would say.

ok cheers guys thanks for that

matt