? copyright issue.

Apologies if this doesn't work as I'm trying to post a pic' from my gallery.

Saw the above "picture" in an art gallery/shop in St Malo in France while on my hols, got the wife to take a photo through the window as I couldn't get to it from inside the shop, sorry about the quality. Not sure who's car it is but it looks familiar. Shop was charging 55euro a pop for the pictures, would guess the owner would want a cut from any sales.

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

Why would there be copyright on a subject if it was taken in a public place?
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

Interesting, I believe the image rights are with the person that took the pic, not the person who owns the thing in the pic!

And the reg number alone (without a pic of the driver for example) I don't think would be enough to qualify as a breach under GDPR either...Besides, its France they take a healthy disregard to regulations anyway!

I suspect if you ask them nicely they might send you a copy... but certainly no royalty checks!

Not mine, just thought the owner might be in for a few quid/euro if someone was using an image their car to make a profit, but as said the French do seem to ignore the rules. Nice picture though if a bit pricey.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

I know the owner is Malcom Coliier who often comes to France and is probably unaware of this !

Nice picture. I think I'd be quite flattered if it were my Cobra. It'd probably be worth a letter to the gallery/photographer for a free poster. As for commission for each sale, not worth the hassle IMO. It might be worth finding out whether it's a limited number of prints.

Russ.
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    1984 DAX Cobra
    Rover 3.5 V8 with Holley carburetor.

As mentioned public place, copyright with photo owner, object owner would be due nothing.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Except kudos.
    Kittihawk: Pilgrim Sumo MK3 built '93/'94 with 2.1L Stage 2 Pinto and Ford Type 9 5-Speed Gearbox

lol, other than that
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.