Thread: Size matters

Size matters

Hi
    always wanted one since being a child but I am 6ft 4 is there a particular version I should be considering as I have tried a Dax and that didn’t go too well
    thanks
    Allan

AK offer an extended footwell version that may work. I’m 6ft and have their normal version that is fine. So extended footwell should be okay for your height but give them a call.
    It’s their open day next Sunday as well if you wanted to call in

Quote Originally Posted by peterj1974 View Post
    AK offer an extended footwell version that may work. I’m 6ft and have their normal version that is fine. So extended footwell should be okay for your height but give them a call.
    It’s their open day next Sunday as well if you wanted to call in
    Thanks where are they based
    thought the gardener might work as he off wheeler dealer drove one?

You will find that you will probably fit in most makes as a friend of mine is 6ft 3 and he built a Dax with no problems. The thing is we all build our car's to fit whoever is building it, so unless they are 6ft 4 then you probably won't fit. As said most manufacturers do an extended foot well, so if you are building it or having one built for you then you should be ok. The only other thing you will find that should influence you is are you longer in the body or legs ? If body then whatever you go for you need to sit as low as possible.

Hi
    They’re based in Peterborough
    Cheers

Pete

Hi Alan,

I'm up at 6'5" and not a slim build and am building a Gardner Douglas MK4 427.
    Andy(GD Designer) can modify the location of the foot well to accommodate you fairly easily.

Cheers
    Greg
    Building MK4 GD Jag based with a Chevy 383/tremec tko600.

Build blog/photo store https:/www.facebook.com/pg/gregsGD427

Try a Crendon, I''m 6'3" and fit in mine no problem

Alex
    Crendon no 52
    Ford 351C

The Unique Autocraft Pythons were built with a wheelbase 2 inches longer giving more space and the tunnel is not too wide.....that's why I got one.

We have had a close to seven footer in our DBR cars. It justified all of the development work that we did to accommodate a wider variety of shapes even though the gent in question was not likely to be a customer yet..

Is that Framingham Suffolk?

We are only at Diss.

Regards,

Andrew
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"