Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiring fixing

I've used these in conjunction with convoluted tubing and they are great. I don't use the sticky pad on them as there is also a molded section for a screw.
    Last edited by TINKA; 12-09-18 at 12:26 PM.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

That looks like a good idea , I might try it, thanks

I always use convoluted tubing fixed with plastic p clips, you can get a box of assorted sizes off ebay - a good invertment imho they dont like to see bare wiring anywhere
    regards mike

Having just come back from IVA test on Wednesday with a pass, I can vouch for Tinka’s Solution but I also had cable tie anchors bonded on or riveted through centre where the body permitted and these were also acceptable as long as wiring is covered in convoluted tubing.
    I even asked him to check areas he wasn’t concerned with for this reason (tempting fate I know..)

Hope this helps, Bence

Cheers bence. For the IVA does he check under the carpet in the cockpit and boot for cable fixings and what did you do in these areas? And congratulations on the pass

He didn’t check in footwell but did check in boot for battery fitment and wiring. Make sure terminal wires are sealed with heat shrink up to battery connector. Again, these were secured with riveted anchors and cable ties.

I honestly think he’d looked at the way the wiring was secured under bonnet and satisfied himself the rest was up to scratch.

Can obviously only vouch for my IVA but I’m sure others may have had a far more rigorous inspection.

Regards Bence

My Sumo build was SVA so things may be a bit tighter now. I did a double protection for the wiring loom at the time ~2001. First a wrap of self amalgamating tape followed by a tough polythene spiral wrap and then tie wrapped to the chassis rails in the engine compartment. Elsewhere under carpets and through to the boot I used the convoluted tubing to protect the wiring. Be very particular on the proper location and mounting of the Battery/Starter cable to avoid the possibility of it shorting to the chassis at any time as it is permanently live!
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12