Steering column Sierra surround

Hi

I have a corsa be column to be fitted with the sierra sourrond mouldings and tbh though they fit, there a bit crap i was wondering what other option there are that actually look good, what have you guys used, bought etc

thanks

matt

Hi Matt

I copied of someone on here who sadly I have forgotten who it was to be able to attribute thanks - I butchered the existing plastic shroud with a bit of bendy ali and a few rivnuts/screws to make something vaguely solid:

Then got found some spare black vinyl from my dash and after a few trials with paper/cardboard made something to wrap around with velcro on the join at the bottom

Bit of double sided sticky foam on the awfully crap metal/plastic abomination underneath to prevent the finished thing looking lumpy...

and tadaaa.... not amazing but good enough for me

The trick on the holes for stalks/key is to punch a hole then cut some slits (as many small ones as possible if you want a nice round hole) and fold the vinyl back on itself and glue it on the inside then you get a nice edge when viewed from the outside.

regards

Dave A
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi

thanks for that thats great it gives me something to start with i shall give it a bash

still open to other suggestions

matt