Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DMS Venom AC Cobra Replica

Hello to all members of the forum, I am Francesco and I write from Italy, I would buy an AC Cobra Replica, and I found a DMS Venom at a good price but I do not know very well this brand, I can not find any other information from no part, could any of you experts give me information about it?Do you have any files or technical documentation on this DMS Venom?
    Making a comparison with the other brands (DAX, Pilgrim, etc ...), the DMS Venom on which level is it?
    Before making the purchase, there are critical points to check to avoid taking a rip off?
    Thanks to everyone who can help me.

I don't know the rules in Italy, but make sure it has all the correct registration paperwork so that it can be legally used on public roads in Italy.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

The car has the V5 (log book) and MOT until May 2019, must there be other documents?

what does the logbook say? DMS Venom, or Jaguar or ...?
    I expect there will be some Italian regulations for permanently importing a car and making this legally drive-able in Italy - there are hurdles in Spain, France, and Germany that have to be overcome.
    Best check there is nothing insurmountable awaiting the unwary.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I understand KevinW, the office that deals with the registration of the cars asked me the following documents:

- V5 Log Book
    - MOT
    - Technical Sheet with the EC directives stamped by the Chamber of Commerce

The car has a V5 Log Book registered as a DMS Venom and a full MOT until May 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Big Block View Post

- Technical Sheet with the EC directives stamped by the Chamber of Commerce
    That is probably what is known as a COC (Certificate of Conformity) - which is something that production vehicles have (they prove conformity to the rules in one country, and that certificate is then valid for selling the production vehicle in other countries). Unfortunately Kit Cars don’t have that as they are not “production” cars. Nowadays we use the IVA (Individual Vehicle Assessment) test for owner built/low volume cars, the big “BUT” in that statement is that other countries may/may not recognise the IVA certificate and force you to undertake a local engineering test etc.

It would be worth you talking to some kit car owners in Italy to see what the registration process is really going to be like.

Regards

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

As all above.
    Also, the DMS Venom was considered a budget kit when it was in production.
    There were a number of budget Cobras at that time, but Pilgrim went on to be the strongest (Probably due to the quality and continued development of their cars) and the others fell away.
    Pro Cobra Builder
    DB427SC

DB REPLICAS
    Find us on Facebook
    db427.com
    Low Volume manufacturer of
    ALUMINIUM BODY, ROUND TUBE CHASSIS.
    ORIGINAL SPEC. SUSPENSION COBRAS.
    OEM style stainless SIDEPIPES

Hi Happy Jim, ok, I'll ask the seller what documents he can give me over the V5 and MOT...
    I am in contact with an agency for the car's immission, I am waiting to receive answers from them too
    Last edited by Big Block; 29-09-18 at 04:50 PM.

as regards the technical part, what are the differences between a DMS and a Pilgrim ??

There is one listed for sale on eBay at the moment £5250 located in Chelmsford, Essex. The registration (VGY 511S) reveals that its a DMS Venom with a 2800cc engine - Listed as Rare?
    "Lola" my Dax Tojeiro 427 Ford 351w FMX 3sp Auto, 350bhp+
    Now with MSD EFi + Atomic ECU

Paul from Dartford, Kent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast