Thread: Headrest rules

Headrest rules

Can anybody tell me the current IVA rules on headrests please. Can you still fix them to the roll hoops or do they have to be fixed to the seat now. John.

Unsure to the exact rules but I had a question a few months ago so emailed the IVA test centre and got a reply very quickly and very helpful, as most places now they haven't got staff on the end of the phone so quick email if you can. The other thought is go on Gov.uk IVA and you can get the test rules on there, hth.
    Mark
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

I believe if the seat is fix and cant be moved you can fix to the roll hoop, if adjustable seats it should be attached to seat, I am sure someone will confirm
    DAX TOJEIRO DE DION
    CHEVY SB 383 STROKER 6.2Ltr 450 Hp
    Tremec TKO 3550 3.54.1 Jag Diff
    RCR Mk 1 GT 40 in build

Thanks guys, John

You cannot have adjustable seats (seat rails) the seats must be fixed for IVA.

Alan.
    AK Gen II delivery date Oct '15
    GM Vortec LQ4 364ci
    Tremec T56 Terminator.

if you have adjustable head restraints theres a minimum height above the seat cushion (in the iva manual online)I think 700mm above the square block they put on the seat as a reference point. With this in mind you are not allowed a gap of more than 25mm between the bottom of the restraint and the top of the seat ( I think i had about 5 inches) I had to make some vinyl covered infills to comply fixed to the chrome rods that connect the seats to the restraints. Not sure if you can fit them to anything but the seat though. I hope this helps to clarify things
    mike

pilgrim sumo mk3 3.5l rv8 sold

ak gen 1 ford 302ci otr