Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I was trying to work out what it meant 🤣🤣
    Anyway thanks for your latest message I’m hoping there’s a clutch kit that will make it better as it does seem to be where the problem lies, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mark chambers View Post
    I was trying to work out what it meant ������������
    Anyway thanks for your latest message I’m hoping there’s a clutch kit that will make it better as it does seem to be where the problem lies, Mark.
    Did you hear anything further from Real Steal?

Hi GD, things are moving on they have it all back and there’s no problem with the clutch it just seems that we have not enough extension on the bearing, it’s then going past it’s limit and jamming up. I have it rigged up on the bench and after pumping it to it’s limit you can’t then return it, but if you don’t travel to it’s limit it returns fluid back to reservoir and works fine. Charles at Real Steel is working out what piston we need but it’s somewhere in the region of .400” to .450” extra travel do you were spot on, as soon as I have it all back I’ll let you know, it was difficult seperating everything as thread locked and rtv sealer applied, but I’ll start the clean up this week, thanks Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mark chambers View Post
    Hi GD, things are moving on they have it all back and there’s no problem with the clutch it just seems that we have not enough extension on the bearing, it’s then going past it’s limit and jamming up. I have it rigged up on the bench and after pumping it to it’s limit you can’t then return it, but if you don’t travel to it’s limit it returns fluid back to reservoir and works fine. Charles at Real Steel is working out what piston we need but it’s somewhere in the region of .400” to .450” extra travel do you were spot on, as soon as I have it all back I’ll let you know, it was difficult seperating everything as thread locked and rtv sealer applied, but I’ll start the clean up this week, thanks Mark.
    That's strange, your figures indicated that there was 4.5mm cleared between the fingers of the clutch and the bearing face (when collapsed). Presumably your bearing has at least 13mm of stroke and (I'd hope up to 20 0which would mean that you should be moving the fingers at least 8mm but you said when you viewed with your endoscope that the pedal went hard as soon as the bearing contacted the fingers.
    If you are only just touching the fingers at full stroke then you got your measurements wrong and have more than 4.5mm.
    If this is the case then all you should need to do is increase the spacers behind the bearing and you should be good to go.

If you remember the pics I sent of mine, mine was supplied with a threaded spacer and you just screwed this out to get the correct .125" gap. I take it they don't do one like this ?

Hi B.B. they do a slip on bearing but it’s about the distance being more or less than 3” and mine was 68mm I think, I’m away at the moment so haven’t got my stuff with me but even the 3 spacers supplied that total .450” still was solid pedal. As stated in last post so long as the piston doesn’t extend too far it will return so I hope that real steel will sort for me but I will keep posting,thanks.
    Last edited by mark chambers; 19-10-18 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Change of wording

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345