Electric Power Steering Pump Pressure

Hi there

I'm mid build and like some others on here I'm using a Renault electric PAS pump in combination with a hydraulic BMW rack. I seem to recall reading that someone had trouble with their electric pump blowing the seals on their rack due to a mismatch in pressure ratings.

Has anyone fitted any sort of pressure (or flow) reduction/regulation device to their steering system? (or is anyone running the same combination as me without issue?)

Cheers, Simon

That was me who had the problem with the seals. Never heard of anyone else with a similar issue but have to say I bought an old pump from a Peugeot 205 which was so much lighter and takes up so much less room compared to the electric pump. I just designed a bracket to hold the pump which would also hold a tensioner pulley from the same car. Works a treat and never let me down.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Thanks for the info - good to know of another option. I've got the lexus engine so there is a steering pump which could be relocated if needed, but I'm trying to keep the a/c so not a lot of room for a pulley driven pump.