Fixing cobra badge

Hi All
    What’s the best way to fix a cobra badge to the bonnet and boot. I have the badge with the 2 prongs on

Cheers
    Pete
    Follow my progress here http://petesakcobra.blogspot.com

Hi Pete

I have been researching marine adhesives to stick a brass keel band to a GRP hull. I was advised to use Everbuild Puraflex 40, 5 quid a tube from Toolstation in white or black. It is made by Sikaflex and is the equivolent to Sikaflex 292i by different name and fraction of price. Sadly I can not speak from expirience (yet).

cut of the prongs and use silicon sealer or similar - both mine done like this - didn't want more holes in the bodywork

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

doublesided trim tape, use a scalpel blade to trim of the areas you don't need, stick in the right place first time!
    .............never drive faster than your guardian angel.

cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/633 - this is the link to my build photo's you have to put w w w . h t t p : / / in front of it!!

Can you fit the badge before IVA?

I fitted all my badges before IVA. No problems as they are under the height limit for radius test projections.

Barry

Mine has the two prongs and came with speed nuts (push-on). The holes were already drilled in the body for the prongs. However, the prongs weren't long enough to go through the fibreglass to the extent the nuts could be pressed on. I just glued it on using RTV (Permatex gasket sealer or equivalent). That was back in 1996 and both badges are still firmly attached.
    John

my world... my universe... my garage.